Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Snow tyres and wheels
Hi there.

I have 4 Goodyear Ultragrip 175/70/14 Winter/Snow tyres and 4 Berlingo steel wheels for sale. Two of the tyres are brand new unfitted and two were used last winter on another van. I bought the new tyres and the wheels a few weeks ago, then the van broke down and needs too much spent on it so it's being sold. These wont fit my new van (15" rims) so they have to go. The tyres are not on the rims yet.

The new tyres were £110 from Camskills and the wheels cost £60 from a breakers. Selling the 4 for £170 so you're getting the two used Goodyears for free. I'm in Glasgow but work all over the UK so could probably meet up at a major motorway near you.

Thanks
Paul

common guys ...that`s a bargain for some one. Winter is nearly here.
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
I'd be tempted if they'd fit a MkIII.
But the MkIII comes with 15 or 16" (depending on spec) so would 14" wheels be a bit dodgy? 15" look a bit 'underwheeled' already. So it'd probably end up looking like one of those Hyundai wardrobes on castors. Wink
The Bus II: 2019 XL Flair 1.2
the new LOOK????
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
I think I'd be more concerned about the safety/stability aspects - much narrower, much taller. All adds up to a lot more stress on the tyre. That's what the comment about dodgy was really getting at. Looking rather naff wouldn't be a major factor. I drive a VAN. Wink
The Bus II: 2019 XL Flair 1.2
(18-11-2011, 07:17 PM)Snowman Wrote:  Hi there.

I have 4 Goodyear Ultragrip 175/70/14 Winter/Snow tyres and 4 Berlingo steel wheels for sale. Two of the tyres are brand new unfitted and two were used last winter on another van. I bought the new tyres and the wheels a few weeks ago, then the van broke down and needs too much spent on it so it's being sold. These wont fit my new van (15" rims) so they have to go. The tyres are not on the rims yet.

The new tyres were £110 from Camskills and the wheels cost £60 from a breakers. Selling the 4 for £170 so you're getting the two used Goodyears for free. I'm in Glasgow but work all over the UK so could probably meet up at a major motorway near you.

Thanks
Paul

Email sent
(21-11-2011, 09:33 AM)Guanajuato Wrote:  I'd be tempted if they'd fit a MkIII.
But the MkIII comes with 15 or 16" (depending on spec) so would 14" wheels be a bit dodgy? 15" look a bit 'underwheeled' already. So it'd probably end up looking like one of those Hyundai wardrobes on castors. Wink

You also have to consider the fact that swapping wheel sizes will affect speedo readings.

2010 XTR in black with bells and whistles

[Image: 5A50i.jpg]
(27-03-2012, 10:09 AM)bond Wrote:  I am also having berlingo car. But its tyres got old. So I want to change its tyres and wheels. Any suggestions?

I did not know that the Berlingo was available in the USA, what model do you have?
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
Bond is a link spammer (see his other posts), so I wouldn't waste too much time replying!
(27-03-2012, 10:32 AM)shedpete Wrote:  Bond is a link spammer (see his other posts), so I wouldn't waste too much time replying!

I was wondering about that myself, hence my question to him, I think
1) School is out somewhere
2) He does not have a Berlingo
3) He is not in the USA
4) English is not his first language
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.