Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting along with a 2.0 HDI What to Expect
My sort of Ex has just got an earlyish noughties Berlingo Multispace 2.0 Desire.

Looks good, over 100K but had a clutch quite recently but still got the original axle I expect will be likely to go, we do know about those from a friend who`s mum had a van type go.

I think they look like a great vehicle, I prefer the old style look version myself. 

Hoping this lasts her a few years, its a new grandchild and a bad back has prompted the buy and if you want side loading doors, its either a big old tank like kia and very odd others, or a Berlingo. 

I was just hoping for a few or a lot of good tips on what to expect, what will be great and things to do etc.

I know there is a place in Lancashire does the Axle (I`m convinced its going to happen, well it is I suppose ) but what is that type of happening like.

We live in hilly bumpy land so were advised to go 2.0 HDI, but how do they handle out in the sticks. I did hear with winter tyres on they are quite good in the snow ? hope so.

The wheels are quite rusty behind the covers, but the body looks great and nice metallic paint etc.

Anyway be interested to hear any forward planning etc etc thoughts and or advice on the beastie to keep her happily trundling along.

Thanks in advance.

Best Mark.

PS seeing them all over now !!!
Hi Mark welcome to the forum you have made a good choice there. Loads of owners of the 2.0hdi on here and I'm sure they will be along to answer your questions. The axles seem to go if the motor has had a hard life with a lot of weight and rough roads there is plenty on here to check it out and advice on the better axle companies to use if you need one.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Hi Thanks, hoping it lasts her well. I was a bit concerned as the wheels are so rusty behind the covers, but I haven`t had chance to look under it yet, not sure I dare !!! but its the one with the right engine here and worth sticking with if a few bits go.

Though the roads here can take it out of things.

Fancying one myself now but as a bit fussy would like to find a pet free 2.0 fairly close to the NE if I can find one.

Great to find this forum.

Best Mark.