Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Spares or repair 1.9D multispace 2003
Very sadly our Berlingo has maybe reached the end of its life - it is making a loud knocking noise from the engine which I haven't had chance to investigate properly but it doesn't sound good - after over 220k miles however it has served us very well. The car is located in Yorkshire.

We bought the car new and it has been well cared for, and used a lot as the mileage shows. Serviced at the main dealer until 3 years old I have changed the oil every 10k miles since and done the few other things it has needed apart from the cam belt which has been done professionally - the last time was only in March this year so it has a good belt on it!

I've had some issues with oil cooler leaks recently and at the moment there is oil in the water which is still there from the last oil cooler change not too long ago and it has very fresh oil as I only changed it a week before the engine noise started.

Bodily the car looks pretty good, it has a dented drivers door and front wing - nothing too bad but not ideal to use as replacements for anything else. Otherwise the body is good and doesn't show the miles it has done. Interior is great, a bit dirty in places but almost no signs of wear (my wife who is the main user is only 7 stone so hasn't put much pressure on the drivers seat).

It seems a real shame to send this to the scarp yard but I haven't got the time to sort what it might need - there is still some MOT left, I can't remember the exact date but it is late September and there were no untoward rattles or anything from it so I had expected it to pass without any issues. The exhaust is reasonably recent so shouldn't be any issues with anything like that. Front tyres are very good and the back ones plenty of life left - we have always used the Michelin Energy tyres as they last so well.

If anyone is interested I am open to offers - as I say, it seems a shame to scrap it but that may have to be the fate. I'd rather not post my phone number on the internet but if you are interested send a message and I will happily call you or give you my number.

I can post pictures but it looks like a Berlingo and is the turquoise colour.
Just to add that the car is now sold - sad to see it go but it is getting an engine transplant so nice to know it will live on for a while!