Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Spooks, ghosts and ghouls
Hi,
I have an XTR on a 59 plate and have been having strange goings on for about the last 6 months. Intermittently the radio has begun to play, when I have unlocked the car. Then the other day, after I had unlocked the car and been in the boot, searching for a lost glove, I opened the front passenger door. As I did this the wipers started. They worked for about 30 seconds then stopped, in the up position. I checked the wiper switch and I thought it was in the off position. When I later started the engine the wipers didn't come on and the switch was definitely off.
Another weird thing is that sometimes the radio will work, with the ignition off, for 30 minutes, other times 30 seconds and it goes to economy mode.
Any clues?:
an exorcism needed I think :twisted:
:woop:
:whistle:
Is it on finance, it sounds like it's about to be re-possessed Big Grin
So where does this bit go then ?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ffrenchie for this post:
  • addo
I was worried reading the title of your post.I thought you were referring to us members!:whistle:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Hello Grem the radio will stay on longer the more time you've been driving before going in to eco mode
As for the other thing's it's getting a power feed signal or short or maybe a bad earth
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(30-01-2014, 09:44 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hello Grem the radio will stay on longer the more time you've been driving before going in to eco mode
As for the other thing's it's getting a power feed signal or short or maybe a bad earth

Hi Jed,
Thank you for that. I did wonder if that was how the radio worked, but sometimes it stays on for longer than others, even after the same journey. As for the other bits, I wonder how I can get it checked as it's so intermittent.
The best thing to do is to look at you wiring follow it as far as you can look for fraying check earth points the other thing is with all this rain is water ingress so look for that as well
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • sunrideruk
Thank you Jed,
I'll do that at the weekend, if its dry enough.
Hi

On my van if you turn off ignition switch then press the stereo power button it will run for thirty minutes.

As jed said a bad "earth" or negative feed can cause odd things.

Try the door light switches, see if they are clean and tight.

The other point to bear in mind is so much on modern vehicles goes through the ecu , even a little resistance caused by corrosion will trigger components.

Jon