Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Steel wheels
Hi,
I've just got 53 plate berlingo multispace desire 1.9d and I have to buy set of second hand steel wheels to put winter tyres on them. I tried ebay but no luck with whole set. Can someone tell me if I can buy wheels from some other make that will fit? cheers.
Pete
Worth checking but im sure they are 4 x 108 pcd, meaning you could try Peugeot 206 steelies, among many other Pug types. Worth double checking but im pretty sure. 14 - 16" diameter.
Hi Pete (and welcome)

I have been looking on eBay for a couple of months for the same thing and haven't seen a set either. One option I found was this one which supplies winter tyres already fitted to a steel rim. When you factor in buying a tyre on its own, balancing and fitting then they do not seem too bad especially given that it costs around £50 to get a set of wheels delivered from eBay.

Another route for me will be to use the existing steel wheels that are on the car for winter tyres and spending the next few months looking for a nice set of alloys for the spring.

I am sure that Berlingo wheels are fairly interchangeable across a number of Citroen/Peugeot models but will leave it to the experts to tell you exactly what would work.

2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Continuing my wheel research, I found this useful site wheel sizes

It appears that all 4 stud Citroen wheels have a pcd of 108 which is shared with most Peugot 4 stud wheels, and a good number of Renault ones. There are however differences in the offset which appears to vary from 15-25 and even on the (earlier) Berlingo from 15-20. I am not sure whether this makes any difference in practical terms, but fitting potentially incorrect sizes could have implications for safety and insurance.

It would be really useful to get some definitive wheel sizes by model/year for what was original equipment or approved by Citroen. I have asked Citroen themselves, and as and when I hear something I will add it.
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Hi Pete I did same took my steels off, bought new mono black/chrome alloys and fitted m+s to my steels for winter use.
see my pics.
all the best
Pete
The 6x15 5-spoke alloys on my Berlingo (can't find the receipt otherwise I'd post the part no.) came from another Citroen model so there is interchangeability amongst the ranges. I found them on ebay, plus two matching spares.

The critical area seems to be at the rear, there's very little clearance (about 1/2" with my current set up) between the wheel arches and the tyres so if you get the wrong offset something will hit.

The part number for a 5.5x14 Berlingo/Partner wheel is 5401.E8 and that should also fit the C2, C3 & Xsara. It's CH4-24 - 4 stud 24mm offset. Some Peugeot 306 wheels will fit, but according to my EPC the 206/406 wheels are the wrong offset.

Just updating this with an apology - my alloys are CH4-18 (still can't find the part no!) so 206/406 wheels could fit.