Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mk1 driver seat options?
Hi guys I'm keeping the multispace but the drivers seat is absolutely goosed! The metal in the seat base is showing and has no support. I'm just wondering what are my options for a replacement at a resonance price??i have a seat cover on all the seats so it wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't the horrible(in my opinion)blue orange combo....I'm looking for a like for like fit I don't want to swap to anything that will give me issues with air bag lights or welding....
I've been looking on eBay but I guess there hard to come by now with being 14yr plus old... How have you guys got round the issue if you have swapped out.

Any advice is much appreciated as always!!:thumbsup:

Cheers
Baz
I have the exact same issue, the metal isn't that comfortable. I quite like the dirty orange and blue. It shows off the kids muddy feet perfectly Wink
The stumbling point is your need to have a like for like solution.

Citroen do sell a replacement seat squab ( I've seen one on Ebay before now ) but this will in all probability be expensive and not cost effective but certainly worth an enquiry at the agents.

In the past I've removed my Berlingo drivers seat and subsequently the seat covering to expose the understructure. From here you can build up the worn / collapsed foam with some new - the drivers seat always wears out on the outer edge. I also added some extra foam sheet to the main seating area to compensate for sagging understructure. This can and does work well on Berlingo and other vehicles.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
I pretty much don't have to remove the seat to get to the foam as it's split pretty bad with the metal exposed so I could just put my hand in if I really tried!!:lol:

I have the seat covers on so in theory I could grab some foam get the seat covered in it and put the seat covers over to cover it. I would have liked a 'proper' swap like for like fitting but I know a mk1 matching seat will have suffered the same wear n tear over the 14yrs or so.
I do have upholsterers not far from me but I'm making an assumption here it will be a decent price for them to repair it?? I may as well put the money to a replacement ??? I wonder if I can just buy a replacement 'lightweight recaro' for my speedy 1.9d?

Cheers
Baz
Vehicle upholsterers are really your best bet if you think about cost effectiveness.
Citroen will want to charge big bucks for a seat!
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ol'Jeffers for this post:
  • marksblueberlingo