Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Alarm
Hi new to this forum, just got 2007 mk 2 Berlingo 600 HDI Enter 75 van.
Was a Transit man but sick of them falling apart !!!!!!.
Could you please help me with (How do i set the alarm) on the key fob had the light flashing like a disco at one point !!! thanks Gary.
I might be wrong but i dont think they do have an alarm do they i think its just an immobiliser, its normally one button to unlock and another to lock the doors, if you push the lock button whilst the doors are locked the hazard lights flash repeatedly i think this is a car park feature so you can pick out your vehicle in a car park.

someone else may be able to tell you for definate if it does have an alarm or not.
Thanks, there's a little red light that flashes on the dash i think its on the hazzard button
There are a couple of handbooks avaiable for download in the resources part of this section of the forum. There may be something in them. If they don't download I do have a copy I could email you. .....................................Just had a quick look and there is nothing about an alarm in the manual.
Malc

Stupid computer!
Security system should not fail safe!
Security system should fail dangerous!
yes mine has the same light on hazard button i think it just to show doors are locked and vehicle is immobilised, it will flash when locked. I have fitted an aftermarket alarm on mine it is a viper 480xv and would recommend it but there are cheaper diy alternatives available to buy online if you decide to fit one.
No alarm as standard. But the immobilizer TBH is adequate. The vehicle can't be started without the correct
key fob/key and most thieves these days don't care about alarms they'll break in anyway!
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
Yes, who takes any notice of car alarms anyway?
Malc

Stupid computer!
Security system should not fail safe!
Security system should fail dangerous!
Thats true nobody does really take notice of car alarms now but to be honest i find it a bit of a comfort knowing i got one fitted also the alarm i have has extra immobilisation so it aint shifting anywhere
(07-01-2013, 09:04 PM)garythomo Wrote:  Thanks, there's a little red light that flashes on the dash i think its on the hazzard button

The little red light is telling you that your doors are locked. Do your doors lock as you start the car and drive away, you should hear the clunk as they do? You can turn this feature off by pressing and holding the button in for a few seconds. To turn it on again just repeat the button push. (This is on the car, I imagine the vans are the same)?
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.