Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Teletrac Smartnav
Hi all,

New here and just recieved my brand new Berlingo enterprise 62 plate.
Tried using the included teletrac sat nav and I'm told I need to call the PA to activate it.

Tried calling three times but they can't hear me.
All that's plugged in is the mini USB lead and no microphone. Should there be?
If so any ideas where it is? There is a mic for the built in phone kit.

Any help aprieciated.

Thanks
Welcome, mate. I am sure someone will set you right very soon.
Been a couple of threads about smartnav, input " smartnav " into the " Search " link at top of page.
According to http://www.smartnav.com you should contact smartnavsupport@trafficmaster.co.uk to activate, but I may be wrong.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(05-02-2013, 07:27 PM)taxi Wrote:  Welcome, mate. I am sure someone will set you right very soon.
Been a couple of threads about smartnav, input " smartnav " into the " Search " link at top of page.
According to http://www.smartnav.com you should contact smartnavsupport@trafficmaster.co.uk to activate, but I may be wrong.

Thanks for your speedy reply.
The activation card that came with the nav says to call the PA to activate. But as thu can't hear me, it's not much good........
(05-02-2013, 07:46 PM)Berlingo driver Wrote:  
(05-02-2013, 07:27 PM)taxi Wrote:  Welcome, mate. I am sure someone will set you right very soon.

Thanks for your speedy reply.
The activation card that came with the nav says to call the PA to activate. But as thu can't hear me, it's not much good........

Try an email, see if that helps or check out FAQs on http://www.smartnav.com or try freephone 0800 707070
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
I've a 2012 enterprise -theres no external mic- just the usb.
I would advise going to the smartnav website and get through via landline or email.

The real solution is to take of the head unit ,put it in a box and buy a Tom Tom
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
(05-02-2013, 10:09 PM)evdama Wrote:  I've a 2012 enterprise -theres no external mic- just the usb.
I would advise going to the smartnav website and get through via landline or email.

The real solution is to take of the head unit ,put it in a box and buy a Tom Tom

Thanks for that. I've got a Tom Tom just thought I'd take advantage of the free service. Have you been able to communicate with the PA? I can't do anything with it until I've registered it. I may call them tomorow.
(05-02-2013, 10:28 PM)Berlingo driver Wrote:  
(05-02-2013, 10:09 PM)evdama Wrote:  I've a 2012 enterprise -theres no external mic- just the usb.

Thanks for that. I've got a Tom Tom just thought I'd take advantage of the free service. Have you been able to communicate with the PA? I can't do anything with it until I've registered it. I may call them tomorow.
I had one in my 2010 van too - Ive never registered either.
They are,by all accounts,awful.
I made two enqiries to Trafficmaster customer service and didnt get a reply to either.
Also you will end up paying subscription fees on the device despite its apparent 'free'ness
The usb plug retreats back nicely into the upholstery - best place for it!
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
Oooh Smartnav!

Don't get me going on this one! I can sum up in four words "Total cr@p, Forget It". I've posted previously on this one, venting my disappointment at this pathetic system. :censored:

Anyway, if it helps, my mic is on the driver's windscreen pillar, right at the top. Stuck on with Velcro. Though I did get Bluetooth with my van as well.

You need to activate your Smartnav even if you throw away the satnav screen, as this activates your vehicle tracker too. Which, rumour has it, was the reason Citroen selected the Smartnav in the first place - to get the tracking service at a price favourable to them.

It's worth the 3 years tracking, but if you have any hopes of using the satnav for trouble-free navigation - please think again....

Good luck anyway Confusedalut:
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement… 

2017 Berlingo Multispace Flair 120
2013 C5 Tourer 2.2HDi Excl
Previously:
2012 C5 Tourer 1.6HDi auto
2012 Berlingo Enterprise 1.6HDi Van
2009 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 Range Rover 4.6 Vogue (really!)
Hi i have had my berlingo for a couple of months and my smartnav keeps switching itself off and rebooting itself, but when you have set a destination it works but the screen is blank, can any one help, also how do you get hold of a user manual for the teletrac smartnav
(30-10-2013, 03:44 PM)jemma notton Wrote:  Hi i have had my berlingo for a couple of months and my smartnav keeps switching itself off and rebooting itself, but when you have set a destination it works but the screen is blank, can any one help, also how do you get hold of a user manual for the teletrac smartnav
I know it's very tempting to just reiterate the "throw it away" opinion most of us seem to share, but you really ought to be able to expect it to stay switched on! Make sure the little usb connector is undamaged & clean and is a snug fit in the unit. If still no good, call them and ask for help. It is after all something you paid for.
As for a manual, you might be lucky, but I asked when I bought the van and they said there wasn't one available!
I take off my hat to your bravery in persisting with this rubbish system, I really do ( Before = Confusedanta: After = Smile )
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement… 

2017 Berlingo Multispace Flair 120
2013 C5 Tourer 2.2HDi Excl
Previously:
2012 C5 Tourer 1.6HDi auto
2012 Berlingo Enterprise 1.6HDi Van
2009 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 Range Rover 4.6 Vogue (really!)