Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Temperature
I have just got a 2006 (55 plate) 1.6 Hdi Desire. Couple of questions please

The temperature gauge doesn't seem to get much above 70+ degrees. It runs fine, should I worry?

I want to fit seat covers. Does anyone know how the tray tables are removed on the back of the front seats?

Many Thanks
Graeme
Game - I had similar concerns about temperature and the forum seems to think about 80c is right. In very cold weather ours takes between 7 and 8 miles at 50-60mph to reach that from stone cold.
'56 Multispace 1.6HDi - Iron Grey
Temp gauges are not deadly accurate as a rule, as long as it goes up and stops before it gets to the red and the heater works I don't worry too much. Ours hovers between 70* and 80*.
So where does this bit go then ?
(30-01-2013, 08:36 AM)graeme Wrote:  I have just got a 2006 (55 plate) 1.6 Hdi Desire. Same as mine then!
Couple of questions please

The temperature gauge doesn't seem to get much above 70+ degrees. It runs fine, should I worry?Don't worry, the gauges themselves vary....your's sounds fine!

I want to fit seat covers. Does anyone know how the tray tables are removed on the back of the front seats? Absolutely no idea! May not even be removable without demolishing the entire seat....well it is French!

Many Thanks
Graeme No problem....Welcome to our place!
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
I must say that I disagree with you guys. The thermometer pointer should rise pointing the middle of the area, whatever the number is. If it raises just a little bit (as mine), the thermostat should be changed. Takes one hour for a mechanic, at least he charges for one, and the spare part costs here around 50€.

Again, this is the first french car I've had, so I can't be 100 % sure if it is a feature or a fault...
(30-01-2013, 06:45 PM)fish4 Wrote:  I must say that I disagree with you guys. The thermometer pointer should rise pointing the middle of the area, whatever the number is.
....but the physical difference on the thermometer scale between 70 and 80 degrees is very small, certainly less than 5mm. The gauges are not that accurate or consistent. You will also experience similar discrepancies with thermostats. +or- 5 to 10% is acceptable to the makers of these components.
When I started driving, normal cars didn't have temperature gauges and we got along fine! :whistle:
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
In the motor trade they are thought of as indicators as opposed to guages due to their variability.If you want/need accuracy,buy an aftermarket kit.
If common sense is used indicators are fine.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy