Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinted Glass!
Dontcha love it?  Well, frankly, no.  And the latest XTR s have heavily darkened glass rear of the driver.  Oh, acnd black interiors.  A sort of vampires paradise.

Now since the chance of meeting Ms Beckinsale in those murky depths is somewhat slimmer than winning the National Lottery even allowing for the fact that Ive never bought a ticket, I arsk myself "Why?"

Berlingo doesnt have a bad boy image.  The salesman pointed out that it is rather sunny on at least two days in the year. . . .now add to that the miserable colours XTR customers are offered, and you have it.

Depressive Car of the Year.  But what else can i get to pull a caravan, contain a mobility scooter, a dog, goodness knows what else, and a wife who likes a good car to get in and out of. . . 

Interesting to note that other versions of this motor do not have this obnoxious ( imo) feature.  Rant over.
Hi Peterws

Interesting comment you've made there. Buying a new XTR was within my budget, but I felt the same about the dark mafioso windows etc so I bought a VTR instead. I didn't fancy the extra opening window set into the tailgate either; it looked like something just waiting to go wrong.
That was April 2014, and I'm still delighted with the car.
Sorry guys, but I gave to disagree! I love my XTR, and looking out from the inside they really aren't that dark. The opening rear window us a real plus point to me as it saves opening the full hatch to load the dog in. I ordered mine in white, and personally think it really suits it with the darkened windows.
2014 Berlingo Multispace 1.6 e-Hdi XTR ETG6
(20-06-2015, 05:31 PM)jayjay2cv Wrote:  Sorry guys, but I gave to disagree! I love my XTR, and looking out from the inside they really aren't that dark. The opening rear window us a real plus point to me as it saves opening the full hatch to load the dog in. I ordered mine in white, and personally think it really suits it with the darkened windows.

+ 1  Cool
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

I wish my VTR came with tinted windows. Sad
How many pensioner's cardigan's have you got  Wink
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Well, i got me another. Late model special, somewhere between VTR and XTR which was unexpected. Getting rear parking sensors fitted, (a must) . . . .Very nice blueish interior too. Pick it up Friday, its Smokey Robinson Grey. .
I do agree that the choice of colours on the XTR is poor - where's the Passion Red or the Belle Ile Blue for example, or that yellowy gold colour from a few years ago?

The only colour I would choose is the dark blue or the black, but I've never been a fan of black because it shows up every speck of dirt

The colours are so drab imho
(21-06-2015, 03:08 PM)doofer Wrote:  My XTR works part-time as a delivery van, so the dark windows were a good reason for choosing it.  It's pretty difficult to see what's inside without staring right in.

Mine has black paint too, so it looks proper evil (well, for a Berlingo anyway!).

I have added some extra rear interior lights though, as it was quite dark.

I think the new model has light grey seats in place of black, which may lighten it up a bit.  The new fabric looks like a pensioner's cardigan to me though.

As a fellow Delivery Driver I have to agree, the window are awesome and much cooler on a hot day stuck behind the wheel.

Having the opening window in the boot hatch is also a bloody good feature for when some knob decided to park right up your ass.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Hughzie for this post:
  • whitebus
At the risk of trivialising an interesting thread....

Am I the only one who thinks it's worth putting up with any car interior, if it's likely Ms Beckinsale will be visiting?

Smile
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement… 

2017 Berlingo Multispace Flair 120
2013 C5 Tourer 2.2HDi Excl
Previously:
2012 C5 Tourer 1.6HDi auto
2012 Berlingo Enterprise 1.6HDi Van
2009 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 Range Rover 4.6 Vogue (really!)