Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Transmission] Help with gearbox
Hi all, I have a 2009 new shape Berlingo 1.6 hdi. Recently my van was popping out of fifth. So on advice of my mechanic I sourced a second hand one. It turned out to be worse with no fifth or reverse. So I sourced another which is crunching slightly in 3rd. So fed up I was going to purchase a brand new one of Citroen. At £2200+vat I decided against that. My original box code was 20DP47 the second box matched this. The 3rd box has code 20DM69 which obviously fitted my van and is ok apart from 3rd. Now this leads to my question, does anybody have a list of all gearbox codes that will work with my van, as I am having no luck sourcing that exact code. Citroen are no help at all and I'm so close to trading it in but really I like the van so dont really want to.

Thanks in advance!
Get a recon box,£495 fitted,
Im getting quoted 540+vat for that here on NI. Not including fitting!
Goggle it,if your willing to travel a bit,I see that on Google but its Birmingham,, I think a recon box is the way to go,scrap yard box's are a big gamble,
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Johny555 for this post:
  • DavySpill
If you go for a recon make sure you get one from a very very reputable supplier - im not sure if mainline reconditioning are still going?

Ive come across some recon engines and gearboxes and they dont last long so its false economy if you rely on your van for work.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to polar for this post:
  • DavySpill
(09-06-2016, 07:16 PM)polar Wrote:  If you go for a recon make sure you get one from a very very reputable supplier - im not sure if mainline reconditioning are still going?

Ive come across some recon engines and gearboxes and they dont last long so its false economy if you rely on your van for work.

Yeah I agree but cant justify 2200 plus vat for a new one from citroen and lets be honest they are a rubbish box to begin when compared to the slick action of a vw or ford. Here in N.Ireland you can buy a brand new berlingo enterprise for 9500 plus vat. Cant believe a gearbox is so much in comparison.
If you don't mind removing the box and shiipping it, I can give you the contact details of an excellent gearbox man. He's based in Reading.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Col for this post:
  • DavySpill
(10-06-2016, 07:47 AM)Col Wrote:  If you don't mind removing the box and shiipping it, I can give you the contact details of an excellent gearbox man. He's based in Reading.

Have the original box at the mechanics so depending on price for full rebuild I may take you up on that. Thanks mate