Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Transmission] berlingo 2005 hdi clutch problem ???
hi all new to forum first post as well my 2005 2.0 8v hdi berlingo of late has devoloped a couple of faults noticed last month the clutch juddering in reverse gear and then the last couple of weeks it has started to judder in 1st gear as well just at the bite point but today the clutch peddle came tight to the top and became slightley stiffer but all gears still engange and the car drives normal the bite point now is more towards the top of the pedle the car has coverd 120000 miles and has never let me down in the 10 years of ownership and has 3 services a year by myself and wants for nothing no expense spared any ideas about the clutch faults would be greatley apreciated many thanks ian
2005 multispace desire 2.0 hdi iron grey
Is it a cable clutch? If so check/ replace. Check engine mtgs.Last of all,it may be a distorted/contaminated clutch centre plate.Do you get any slip?
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
hi ron thanks for replying yes it cable operated i belive the auto aduster may have broke down explianing now why the bite point is very high as for the judder in first and revesre it was like this when bite point was normal ish lol just out of intrest ron would you know what model of gearbox is fitted to my model the reason i ask is because the clutch fork comes out of the side of the box not the top as for sliping non at all many thanks ian
(25-01-2015, 08:07 PM)m6wrx1980 Wrote:  hi ron thanks for replying yes it cable operated i belive the auto aduster may have broke down explianing now why the bite point is very high as for the judder in first and revesre it was like this when bite point was normal ish lol just out of intrest ron would you know what model of gearbox is fitted to my model the reason i ask is because the clutch fork comes out of the side of the box not the top as for sliping non at all many thanks ian
I don't know myself but I believe the VIN contains details of type of box. Confused
thanks ron Smile
UPDATE

just a quick update clutch now done new luk 3 piece fitted along with new clutch fork and diff seals plus guide tube feels like brand new again plus new lower engine mount bit more vibration now on tickover because new mont is much stiffer but can live with that lol only problem i had was the new clutch cable auto adjust cable took too much up firstline ??? so clutch sliped on first trial but luck has it the original cable was not of a sealed type therefore was able to reset the adjustment job done a big thanks to the forum also when i get a bit more spare time i will put a photo and step by step guide together for those who need the info many thanks ian Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to m6wrx1980 for this post:
  • ron
(08-02-2015, 07:15 PM)m6wrx1980 Wrote:  UPDATE

just a quick update clutch now done new luk 3 piece fitted along with new clutch fork and diff seals plus guide tube feels like brand new again plus new lower engine mount bit more vibration now on tickover because new mont is much stiffer but can live with that lol only problem i had was the new clutch cable auto adjust cable took too much up firstline ??? so clutch sliped on first trial but luck has it the original cable was not of a sealed type therefore was able to reset the adjustment job done a big thanks to the forum also when i get a bit more spare time i will put a photo and step by step guide together for those who need the info many thanks ian  Smile

Glad it went well.I do like a happy ending.LUK clutches are the mutts nuts,really top quality. Big Grin
(08-02-2015, 07:41 PM)ron Wrote:  
(08-02-2015, 07:15 PM)m6wrx1980 Wrote:  UPDATE

just a quick update clutch now done new luk 3 piece fitted along with new clutch fork and diff seals plus guide tube feels like brand new again plus new lower engine mount bit more vibration now on tickover because new mont is much stiffer but can live with that lol only problem i had was the new clutch cable auto adjust cable took too much up firstline ??? so clutch sliped on first trial but luck has it the original cable was not of a sealed type therefore was able to reset the adjustment job done a big thanks to the forum also when i get a bit more spare time i will put a photo and step by step guide together for those who need the info many thanks ian  Smile

Glad it went well.I do like a happy ending.LUK clutches are the mutts nuts,really top quality. Big Grin

cheers ron