Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Fitting Heated Door Mirrors
(19-07-2012, 04:38 PM)Argos69 Wrote:  Okay, here goes....

When I bought my new Enterprise van a few weeks ago, I had the choice of picking one off the forecourt, or ordering one and waiting goodness knows how long. Also, the first one was cheaper. Cool Sorted!
I ideally wanted heated/folding door mirrors, but mine are electrically adjusted only (not heated/folding). Has anyone sussed out what would be involved in retrofitting heated door mirrors?
I'm not too bothered about folding, but heated would be handy in Winter.
I believe there is a switch required near my aircon switch and obviously 2 mirror glasses, but what of the wiring etc?

I did ask my dealership salesman, but when he started to work out the cost for them to do it, he overexcited himself so much, he had to be taken away in an ambulance!

So its either DIY or SFO :whistle:

My '12 Enterprise has glazed rear doors which are washwipe and heated.
The heater switch is near the aircon as you suppose.
Im guessing your wiring would already be in place within the multiplug connectors in the mirror pods so all you would need is a switch ,possibly an additional relay in the fusebox and the replacement mirror glasses.

From reading other posts on genuine citroen towbar fitting you might need to have the circuit 'activated' by your dealer-if he's recovered)

You can get the heated glasses fairly cheaply on the infamous online tat-bazaar.
But be careful to specify if you need flat or convex.
I made a bad choice with a C3 replacement once -although the glass fitted fine and was 1/4 of the citroen money I just could not get the range of adustment because I had gone for flat instead of convex -the choice given is due to us awkward brits who insist on right hand drive conversion.
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to evdama for this post:
  • Argos69
Thanks Evdama,

I've had a poke about in the door and there are spare wires going to the mirrors, I've also removed the cubby hole below the radio, where the USB socket is and looked at the aircon switch block - but - the more I think about the idea, the more I might leave it for some other pioneer to do first!

Come winter, I'll buy some glass cleaner and a rag! Unless that too will need to be activated by Citroen ..... Rolleyes
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement… 

2017 Berlingo Multispace Flair 120
2013 C5 Tourer 2.2HDi Excl
Previously:
2012 C5 Tourer 1.6HDi auto
2012 Berlingo Enterprise 1.6HDi Van
2009 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 Range Rover 4.6 Vogue (really!)
My door mirrors are getting misty. Not ideal as I rely on these in my van. Does anyone know where I can get hold of wiring diagrams?
Hi All

I have an 2013 enterprise van and would like to add this upgrade too.

Maybe one of the members with this addition to a new model van would be so kind as look in their fuse box for a relay associated with mirrors , should show on lid or handbook.

At least then we know we don't need an ECU up grade and a dreaded visit to the dealers and the joy that brings...... :whistle:

Otherwise a rag will have to suffice.....Big Grin

Jon
Try testing for voltage at the door connection when you switch the rear screen heater on, that's when the mirrors warm up on our mk2. You could do it with a bulb and two pieces of wire. No help to the original poster but for the later it would do no harm. I would wire some in through a switch and a warning light straight from the ignition live if I desperately needed them.
So where does this bit go then ?
The heater element is imbedded in the glass for the Rear view mirrors. And the fuse is F17 40A
Or you could just take positive feed from when the ignition is on and take it through a switch to activate a relay, then take the feed off to you heated mirror elements.