Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trim removal question
Hi folks,i have looked but can't find an answer to removing the near side rear plastic panel in my berlingo van, i want to fit a tow bar soon and need to remove the panel for wiring but don't want to break it , any help would be great, thanks.
(14-01-2014, 06:40 PM)fike Wrote:  Hi folks,i have looked but can't find an answer to removing the near side rear plastic panel in my berlingo van, i want to fit a tow bar soon and need to remove the panel for wiring but don't want to break it , any help would be great, thanks.
Hi,
I had to remove mine at the time I was fitting a rear reversing camera and a high security lock to the sliding side door.
Take a deep breath and start pulling outwards whilst feeling for the white plastic clips. Mine came off with only 2 broken clips out of about 6-8.
I had a couple of "trim removal tools" to help, but to be honest, by the time you've enough space to get them to the clips, the panel is popping off, though they do help a bit.
Be prepared to buy some clips and join me in a minute's silence for the good old days when van panels had screws holding them on Confusedalut:
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement… 

2017 Berlingo Multispace Flair 120
2013 C5 Tourer 2.2HDi Excl
Previously:
2012 C5 Tourer 1.6HDi auto
2012 Berlingo Enterprise 1.6HDi Van
2009 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 Range Rover 4.6 Vogue (really!)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Argos69 for this post:
  • fike
Cheers for that Argos,will give it a go and try and keep the damage to a minimum :whistle:.
Yes, Argos is correct in what he says, I had both sides off last weekend in order to wire up a couple of led lights to improve boot lighting, whilst the panels were off I fitted a perm live trailing 12volt socket which lives in the right hand recess until needed.
Tug away with confidence, the panels come away and replace easily.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tonyash for this post:
  • fike
Thanks folks thats the question answered and problem solved,much appreciated :thumbsup:.
fikeThanks folks thats the question answered and problem solved,much appreciated :thumbsup

Anybody got some pictures of this? Or even the panel removed so I can see where the clips are etc? I've got a one week old new Berlingo and don't want to make a complete mess of this?

Much appreciated,
Colin.
(14-03-2016, 10:17 AM)doch Wrote:  fikeThanks folks thats the question answered and problem solved,much appreciated :thumbsup

Anybody got some pictures of this? Or even the panel removed so I can see where the clips are etc? I've got a one week old new Berlingo and don't want to make a complete mess of this?

Much appreciated,
Colin.

Colin I appreciate you concerned, but don't fret - I've just made quick video so you can see how to do it, just need to figure out how to upload it, or put on youtube.
2012(62) XTR 1.6 92bhp Airdream Modutop
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to patch for this post:
  • doch
video uploaded to youtube http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/thread-13241.html
2012(62) XTR 1.6 92bhp Airdream Modutop
(14-03-2016, 02:50 PM)patch Wrote:  
(14-03-2016, 10:17 AM)doch Wrote:  fikeThanks folks thats the question answered and problem solved,much appreciated :thumbsup

Much appreciated,
Colin.

Colin I appreciate you concerned, but don't fret - I've just made quick video so you can see how to do it, just need to figure out how to upload it, or put on youtube.

Thankyou Patch, you video is great. I really appreciate the help...