Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Turbo replacement
Came across this excellent pictorial documentation replacing a turbo and air cooler. Thought it was worth posting.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to 3rensho for this post:
  • addo, geoff, Ol'Jeffers
Interesting, but depressing at the same time, don't you just hate the complexity of modern engines & just to save a bit of fuel & emissions? The engine does seem rather corroded & rusty though, mine is same age & mileage & quite clean & I've never cleaned it apart from the odd wipe & it lives outside.
LOL I long for the days when you could pop the bonnet and see every part of the motor. Adjust the points and timing, gap the plugs, maybe rebuild the carb if necessary and you were good to go. And petrol, at least in the US, was $0.25 a gallon. Ahhhhh them simple times.

(22-11-2013, 04:00 PM)Opensauce Wrote:  Interesting, but depressing at the same time, don't you just hate the complexity of modern engines & just to save a bit of fuel & emissions? The engine does seem rather corroded & rusty though, mine is same age & mileage & quite clean & I've never cleaned it apart from the odd wipe & it lives outside.

The main reason why I run older vehicles though the ability to avoid technology is fast passing by,,,,,

I use Duck Oil sprayed on the engine periodically to prevent corrosion, a similar service spray from motor factors will do ( I buy mine by the gallon ).

Room under the bonnet don't remind me in the good old days you could sit in the engine bay quite easily.... Time to take the rose tints off I think
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
Quote:Room under the bonnet don't remind me in the good old days you could sit in the engine bay quite easily.... Time to take the rose tints off I think

Sadly, yes. Just turned 68 a couple of weeks ago. So both feet firmly entrenched in geezerland.

That almost looks do-able even for me. The blades on that turbo look well manky.
Malc

Stupid computer!
Security system should not fail safe!
Security system should fail dangerous!
3rensho Wrote:LOL I long for the days when you could pop the bonnet and see every part of the motor. Adjust the points and timing, gap the plugs, maybe rebuild the carb if necessary and you were good to go. And petrol, at least in the US, was $0.25 a gallon. Ahhhhh them simple times.
You missed out the Autozone tool loan service. Wink