Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
URGENT HELP NEEDED PLEASE!
Hi, Im new to the forum and Ive just bought a 2001 berlingo from Portsmouth, got it for £975 and is a lovely little van and drives sweet, only problem is I just tried to swap my insurance over from my old astravan (piece of s**t dont ever buy one! 1.7cdti engine is made of fluff and twigs) and my insurance company are asking what model the van is, they said 600 or 800 usually which from what I can work out is the payload it can carry (600kg or 800kg). I left the logbook with the guy I bought it from and took the new keepers slip which just says citroen berlingo but is blank where it asks for the model, can you help me out, how do I work out if its 600 or 800 or what the feck it is??? I need to find out sharpish because I need to let them know by 8p.m this eve otherwise they will shut and Ill be uninsured at work tomorrow or have to have the day off (not worked this week at all yet!)

Cheers in advance Smile

Enter your registration here and it will tell you.
https://www.mycarcheck.com/
use this to find out exactly what model you have,its free aswell
https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPor...ution=e1s1
insurers are closed now Sad but I did try j90xxx suggestion and it gave me the hpi info which is good, not stolen or any of that bad stuff but it didnt tell me the model still grrr!

tommy I tried that just a second ago and as it just so happens because of my usual bad luck.....the site is down for maintenance so I cant use it lol.

Cheers anyway guys, Ill just have to sort it via phonecalls to dvla and my insurers tomorrow :brickwall:Rolleyes
Have a look at the manufacturer plate den, should be on right hand side under the bonnet. The bottom 4 lines should give you max weights. Thats how it worked on the MK2 anyhow, can't see it changing much between models.
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

its ok now guys, i phoned dvla this a.m this morning and they didnt have it either but after a couple of calls to citroen uk and them looking in their archives, they managed to work out its a 1.9 600d "x", so am now finally insured on my new addition to the family lol. all that trauma just to find the letter "x".

Thanks for your help and advice ppl
Glad you are sorted