Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.53 Average
Upgrading Headlight Bulbs
Hi,

Im looking to upgrade the headlights in my Berlingo First (O/S) to Osram night breakers (amazin bulbs) Does anybody know the best way to remove the headlamp assembly to change the bulbs? This seems to be the only way I can see to do the job.

It looks like a straightforward "find all the screws" job. but if someone could give me any advice from past experience, this would appreciated.[/font]
Hello,

An introduction would be nice, also helpful in that we would know which model you have and thus what would be required.

(18-01-2012, 09:28 PM)Coco Wrote:  Hello,

An introduction would be nice, also helpful in that we would know which model you have and thus what would be required.

Sorry, new to the forum game. Its the penultimate model. The one now termed Berlingo "First"
M59 or Mk 2 then - same as the one in my picture?

If so, no need to remove the headlight itself. Open the bonnet, at the back of the headlight you will see a circular cover, turn this anti-clockwise until it stops and then pull. It will take a bit of jiggling about to get it out. You will then be able to access the headlamp. Push the two pieces of the wire securing together and they will then pivot down and back. You can then remove the lamp itself.

Hope this helps, but if not - let us know.

When you get a minute to spare, have a read here:- http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=815

Glad you found the forum and hope you enjoy your stay with us. We are quite a friendly bunch really !!
(18-01-2012, 09:52 PM)Coco Wrote:  M59 or Mk 2 then - same as the one in my picture?

If so, no need to remove the headlight itself. Open the bonnet, at the back of the headlight you will see a circular cover, turn this anti-clockwise until it stops and then pull. It will take a bit of jiggling about to get it out. You will then be able to access the headlamp. Push the two pieces of the wire securing together and they will then pivot down and back. You can then remove the lamp itself.

Hope this helps, but if not - let us know.

When you get a minute to spare, have a read here:- http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=815

Glad you found the forum and hope you enjoy your stay with us. We are quite a friendly bunch really !!

Ye, its a similar set up to my last car, although one felt as if they needed the digits of a safe cracker to complete the job.
I'l give it a go.

BTW, have a look at this link. These bulbs are superb. In my last vehicle, i rarely needed to use my main beams. Make driving at night so much more comfortable and safe. Also totally road legal for UK. Added to that, Osram. (German made) German road safety is far more stringent than UK.
So good deal all round. Plus they look smart on the vehicle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-Night-Brea...sim_auto_3

Also: with this supplier, the free side lights are also completely road legal within the UK. "E" number 13: Luxemboug. Approved within the UK.

#bargain.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ronan for this post:
  • zedhead
Yes, used Nightbreakers - they worked a treat. Strangely didn't last very long though.

And again, yes, you do ideally need small hands or you will bear the scars to prove otherwise!!
Yep! I use them on my bike and in the Berlingo. Great lamps!Cool
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Ol'Jeffers for this post:
  • XTR
I replaced the original bulbs with Night Breakers the first week I had the Berlingo. They're still going strong and provide great visibility.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to 3rensho for this post:
  • XTR
After reading all your comments,I ordered a pair of night breakers last week.
I fitted them on Monday and noticed straight away how much brighter and further they reach.
Brilliant!Confusedunny:Confusedunny:Confusedunny:
2010 XTR in black with bells and whistles

[Image: 5A50i.jpg]
I fitted Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs about 2 months ago.
The difference is amazing!
Loads more light and a brighter light too.
Agree with the previous comment; they are almost as bright on dipped beam as the originals were on main beam.
As with most things, price seems good on fleabay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OSRAM-NIGHTBRE...4cfa0aa944