Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Warning Light] Can anyone help with this??
Van in subject: Citreon Berlino 1.6 HDI ( 2006)

After driving the van I parked up and keyed off and headed to the house for the spuds. After some time my neighbour knocked the door to tell me my wipers were on flat out, so I run out to switch them off but to my surprise they wouldn't switch off... So I opened the fuse box and pulled Fuse 17 (30amp) for the wipers and thankfully killed power to my wipers..... I then noticed my see lights were on ( key was not in the ignition )..... When I tried to switch off the sidelights surprise surprise they wouldn't switch off either... So to prevent the battery running low I pulled the terminals off the battery so it was isolated. NExt day I went back to fault find but couldn't see any issue..... I assumed maybe it was an earth fault but like I said I couldn't find anything.... When I hooked the battery up again I noticed the dash had lit up like a beautiful Xmas tree ( still no key in the ignition ) .... Lights that are lit is as follows: STOP light, Passenger airbag light, airbag warning light and of course the engine management light...... Note = when I key onto ignition the fuel gague and any other gauge do not move a bit.... Has anyone ever had a similar issue and please can some kind soul lend me his knowledge.... Thankyou...
Hi, welcome to the forum .
I cant help you but the poster (V6BOY) before you has similar problems , He cured it by removing his LED lights. Any mods with lights lately ?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to brodfather11 for this post:
  • Michael Chesters
(03-01-2016, 07:32 PM)brodfather11 Wrote:  Hi,  welcome to the forum .
 I cant help you but the poster  (V6BOY) before you has similar problems ,  He cured it by removing his LED lights.  Any mods with lights lately ?

Thankyou for replying..... To my knowledge there was no mods made with lights mate.....  Is it possible the BSI unit has faulted??
Hi,
I don't really know about the BSI but they can be very finicky about water dripping onto them. Check that there is no water near it and the scuttle under the screen is clear of leaves and drain holes are clear.

There was also some problems with water getting into the engine compartment fuse box.
Someone who has had a dodgy BSI might be able to help you more.
Hello Michael Chester welcome to the forum you've got to check for water ingress again take the lead off the battery as brodfather said check scuttle tray for leaves and other muck check to see if the BSI and or the fuse's are getting wet they need to be dried out with a bit of luck you mite getaway with no damage let us know what you find so we can go from there
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • Michael Chesters
My wipers had a "s**t fit" today, wipers staying on constantly etc. (1.6hdi) We are in the middle of the monsoon season here in the grim north!
Did a BSI re-set, but the fault returned.
Then unplugged the multi-plugs to the ecu on the top of the nearside suspension strut (engine bay), sprayed with loads of WD40 as one multi-plug looked damp. (Not sure if this is the BSI)
Problem appears to have gone away, fingers crossed.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to JohnM for this post:
  • Michael Chesters
(03-01-2016, 10:32 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hello Michael Chester welcome to the forum you've got to check for water ingress again take the lead off the battery as brodfather said check scuttle tray for leaves and other muck check to see if the BSI and or the fuse's are getting wet they need to be dried out with a bit of luck you mite getaway with no damage let us know what you find so we can go from there

Hi Jed thankyou for writing.... I'll get a look at this later today so I'll be sure to let you know..... Again thanks
(03-01-2016, 10:40 PM)JohnM Wrote:  My wipers had a "s**t fit" today, wipers staying on constantly etc. (1.6hdi) We are in the middle of the monsoon season here in the grim north!
Did a BSI re-set, but the fault returned.
Then unplugged the multi-plugs to the ecu on the top of the nearside suspension strut (engine bay), sprayed with loads of WD40 as one multi-plug looked damp. (Not sure if this is the BSI)
Problem appears to have gone away, fingers crossed.
Hi there John thanks for your reply..... I'll try the same and let you know.... Thanks man
As has been previously stated look for water ingress either at the BSI or in the Engine relay box described in earlier posts. If you do find water WD40 is not the best thing to use on electrical contacts. Use a proper electrical contact cleaner [Servisol is one but there are loads of others out there] The reason, yes WD40 will repel water but it also leaves a residue and on relatively low voltage systems and data lines this can also lead to problems [plus the residue can also attract dirt which can cause contact resistance in the long term] Electrical contact cleaners on the other hand tend to be solvent/IPA based and evaporate completely after cleaning.

If there is no evidence of moisture ingress, you can try a BSI reset [look on line plenty on step by step guides on how to do this] but make sure you follow the steps exactly as they are listed.
The BSI is the most likely cause of your issues as previously mentioned.
This unit is located behind the pull off panel next to your right knee, when seated in the drivers seat .
Best bet is to take the unit out of the van. To do this , first of all,disconnect the battery.Carefully unplug the BSI (it's the box with all the fuses in). Get it somewhere warm to dry out, not, really hot, just warm, like your airing cupboard . After @ 24hrs, refit & give it a try.