Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Webasto sun roof.
Does anyone know if you can replace the full length folding sunroof
for an alternative, ie a solid type roof.
Existing roof is water tight but does not work.
It is written in the Gospel of Haynes, the chapters of exterior repairs that "No mortal man shalt attempt to undertake repairs to the cloth of black which task it is to let in the light Divine and hold out the rains infernal"

In which way does it not work?

'Gear crunching' noise when trying to run it?
Or nothing happening at all?

If it's the noisy option, you're sunk pretty deep as that will most probably mean that you need to remove the headlining... Which I've been told is a triple-sucky job.
Nothing happening at all, means an electrical problem, and the first point to check is the fuses.
Second is to check for voltages on the switch itself.
[quote='Gadgetman' pid='54389' dateline='1388251578']
It is written in the Gospel of Haynes, the chapters of exterior repairs that "No mortal man shalt attempt to undertake repairs to the cloth of black which task it is to let in the light Divine and hold out the rains infernal"

If it's the noisy option, you're sunk pretty deep as that will most probably mean that you need to remove the headlining... Which I've been told is a triple-sucky job.
Nothing happening at all, means an electrical problem, and the first point to check is the fuses.
[/quot
It moves about 6'' then I get the gear chrunching sound, it does allow me to close it luckily.
(29-12-2013, 04:05 PM)Ade Wrote:  [quote='Gadgetman' pid='54389' dateline='1388251578']

[/quot
It moves about 6'' then I get the gear chrunching sound, it does allow me to close it luckily.
Hmmm.....sounds like lotsa money! As it's an older model the plastic gears apparently strip especially if the
mechanism has seen no lubrication over the years. The parts may still be available.
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
(02-01-2014, 03:40 PM)OlJeffers Wrote:  Hmmm.....sounds like lotsa money! As it's an older model the plastic gears apparently strip especially if the
mechanism has seen no lubrication over the years. The parts may still be available.

I will leave it shut then, take the convertible out instead.
Thanks for replies.