Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What a Nightmare
Spent the day taking my gearbox out due to slipping clutch, what an absolute bitch of a job, give me a ford any day, seriously pee'd off, engine oil leak all over back of engine, probably the reason clutch gone, think i'm gonna have to drop engine out too, to see where the leak is coming from.

access is grim never seen anything like it :brickwall:
Pour yourself a wee hauf or two. Wink I think you deserve it.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(02-03-2013, 09:13 PM)taxi Wrote:  Pour yourself a wee hauf or two. Wink I think you deserve it.

Ha ha well you think the same way as me....lol .....had a few Henry Weston ciders bloody good you know?
(03-03-2013, 12:07 AM)darryloh Wrote:  
(02-03-2013, 09:13 PM)taxi Wrote:  Pour yourself a wee hauf or two. Wink I think you deserve it.

Ha ha well you think the same way as me....lol .....had a few Henry Weston ciders bloody good you know?

Im only 7 miles from the factory-even better
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
(03-03-2013, 09:28 AM)evdama Wrote:  
(03-03-2013, 12:07 AM)darryloh Wrote:  

Im only 7 miles from the factory-even better

Weston's is indeed good stuff. factory has expanded beyond all recognition of what it was in the '70's. Glad to see they call perry by it's proper name, NOT 'peaar cider'......AAAAARGGGHHHH!!
'56 Multispace 1.6HDi - Iron Grey
Cider Companies are the sponsors to both BIG Glasgow Football Clubs.
Magners for Celtic and Blackthorn for Rangers....seems a bit strange considering not many folk drink alcohol up here.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to taxi for this post:
  • philip, ron
At risk of hi-jacking darryloh's original post here, but it amazes me that down here in Gloucestershire, a cider county, with Herefordshire and Somerset to the north and south, both also cider counties, you see so much in the way of inferior ciders being sold. Each to their own I guess, but gimme a drop of Weston's 'Old Rosie', a decent cheddar, home-made bread and an onion and the day's a good 'un! Confusedunny:Confusedunny:Confusedunny:
And you do have my sympathy darryloh. I don't advocate having a few drinks before taking your box of cogs to bits though. Helped a mate replace his head gasket once. Stripped it down in the morning, then put it together after a long lunch time at the pub. It was amazing all the bits we had left over - surprised the thing ran at all. :eek:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pidgeonpost for this post:
  • ron
(03-03-2013, 02:23 PM)pidgeonpost Wrote:  At risk of hi-jacking darryloh's original post here, but it amazes me that down here in Gloucestershire, a cider county, with Herefordshire and Somerset to the north and south, both also cider counties, you see so much in the way of inferior ciders being sold. Each to their own I guess, but gimme a drop of Weston's 'Old Rosie', a decent cheddar, home-made bread and an onion and the day's a good 'un! Confusedunny:Confusedunny:Confusedunny: :eek:
Hope you're not looking for romance after that snack. :lol:
At one stage, incited by the local press 'they' were trying to take ownership of the word 'perry' so that it could only be used to descibe the product of the specific region -like chamapgne does.
Not sure how far they got but the 'pear cider' thing is used a lot more now...

Getting way into the anorak/nerd territory,you would be tersely corrected for spelling cider with a 'i' when it should be 'y'Rolleyes

Oh yes - watching sunset outside on a summer night with a bottle of Westons a pack of Tyrells and some local bread and cheese-cannot be beat:thumbsup:
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
Yes, heard something about a push for the name perry to be limited to the drink made within the locality. Not sure it got off the ground though - rather like me after a drop too much of the stuff.

Down here in the Forest of Dean the truly home-made (as opposed to the stuff now made by some of the expert small producers) can be anything from a single-variety-apple cider (or cyder!) to a rare old mix with pears and apples mixed. Trouble is with the true farmhouse or back-kitchen variety is that an indication of the strength can only be determined when it's too late. Many a visitor has come unstuck.