Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
What coilovers fit Mk2 1.6 16v Berlingo
http://i.imgur.com/xC89hTA.jpg

This happened to mine and only now I realized where the knocking sound is coming from. Now I could replace the spring I guess but to be honest I want to know more about coilovers. Do peugeot 306 coilovers fit the 1.6 16v? Look at this picture and tell me what you think

http://i.imgur.com/f2VeDpS.jpg

I thought I can only get performance shocks at the front but this means the kit comes with little shocks for the back as well? This would be absolutely excellent news for me as I move big loads sometimes and I need the stiffness. In fact I don't even plan to lower the car (faffing around with torsion bars). I just want the same height all around with stiffer shocks/springs combo and I feel this might be a sweet option. The image is

TA Technix coilover kit
Citroen Xsara type N*..., year 97 - 06
Citroen Xsara Picasso type N*..., year 99 - 10
Citroen ZX type N2, year 09/91 - 98
Peugeot 306 type XU5 / XU7, year 03/93 - 01
front load: 1000kg
rear load: 1000kg

Any advice is welcome on what I should do. One thing I notice is price wise I'm better buying off that kit than renting spring compressors, x2 brand new springs at 30gbp each, hours of swearing on the drive............I feel like at 160-180gbp I will gain something and the fitting will be piss easy. My only worry is the top mounts, do I need special tools?

Many thanks people
Reserved
When you say mk2 do you mean the facelift old shape? If so then yeah 306 coilovers do fit I have them on my 2004 van :-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
'04 Peugeot Partner HDi LX. Lows, Leaks and Wellers. Now matt grey and dent free Smile

Hi Pete, yes your shape basically, mine is 2003. I did manage to find some search results on the subject, including your build thread. One thing that concerned me is the rear shocks are not compatible. Is there no other way to get a full set that works all around? I carry some big loads sometimes and i thought it will be cool to have some stiffer shocks if possible.
My friend has a 206 GTI, he snapped a torsion bar so I ran quickly to measure his rear shocks and they are 1 inch shorter.
Not much point putting stiffer shocks on the rear if you want to be able to carry bigger loads. You need to uprate the torsion bars.

The slowed damping rate in the uprated shocks will allow the same suspension travel, it will just make the suspension react to a shock slower.