Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.11 Average
What's on your wish list for a Mark 4 Berlingo?
I'd like them to pinch the front end styling of the new Picasso which looks great. Then they should go down the Mini/Fiat 500 customisation route and recognise the car for what it could be - a cult vehicle.

As for little things - more 12v sockets please and a split tailgate would be good, or perhaps even van doors on the Multispace.

And it needs to start cheap. Do a poverty spec but cheerful model like the Fiat 500 Pop and then tempt people up the range.

They won't do any of this I suppose - they'd rather sell you a less useful Picasso...
You'll have so much luck railing against bracket creep, as Knut did against the tide...

I'd like to see it restyled to be a 7/8 size version of the H-van.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to addo for this post:
  • ron
(11-05-2013, 08:14 AM)nicebiscuit Wrote:  As for little things - more 12v sockets please and a split tailgate would be good, or perhaps even van doors on the Multispace.

Just visited Mallorca and noticed that a lot of the berlingo multispace have van doors - not sure if it is an option in the UK
Four wheel drive or LSD.
(11-05-2013, 08:28 AM)addo Wrote:  You'll have so much luck railing against bracket creep, as Knut did against the tide...

I'd like to see it restyled to be a 7/8 size version of the H-van.

Agree on both points! I suppose in a generation or two the Nemo will be up to Berlingo Mk1 size and then all will be well again...

Like my BMW 1 series coupe which is about the size of an eighties 3 series (i.e. about right for a short bloke with youngish kids)
I asked about twin door version as thats my preferred option, would also like to see a very basic " taxi " with rubber floors and vinyl type seats. Would really love an upgrade to the warranty and customer service, though.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to taxi for this post:
  • addo, philip, RolyG
The Mk1/2 bodyshell ran for 12yrs with just a facelift in '02 so one would hope there would be no actual new bodyshell until 2020. As for a basic Berlingo you can have any combination you want in France but the variants offered in the UK are very limited. The most basic vt option only comes in petrol which is odd.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Opensauce for this post:
  • philip
(11-05-2013, 04:19 PM)Opensauce Wrote:  The Mk1/2 bodyshell ran for 12yrs with just a facelift in '02 so one would hope there would be no actual new bodyshell until 2020. As for a basic Berlingo you can have any combination you want in France but the variants offered in the UK are very limited. The most basic vt option only comes in petrol which is odd.
When I was living in Holland I drove Fiat for a few years and their version of the Punto ELX 16v was different than what was given to the UK.
The UK seems to have limited choice in models.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to philip for this post:
  • taxi
I would like to see it revert to it's original Mk1-2 size with a reliable turbo.:thumbsup:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Is the Mk3 that much bigger on the inside? I always assumed the extra bulk was mainly to make it meet modern crash standards etc.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to nicebiscuit for this post:
  • berlingoist