Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.08 Average
Radiator, Condensor and Fan Assembly sourcing
Hi

I have just bought a salvage Mk1 Berlingo that I am having trouble sourcing some spares from breakers. It's a 1.9 D Berlingo on a Y plate, and has a WJY engine and aircon.

It seems that most berlingos of this age didn't have aircon fitted, and I have been told various thing by various breakers about the parts. From what I understand, the fan assembly is different between aircon and non aircon models? Is this correct? I can get new condensors and radiators without a problem - but the fan is proving an issue.....

My question is, is there interchangeability with the Xsaras with the same engine. I have seen a fan shroud that is listed as being for a Xsara and Berlingo Mk1 - so would I be right in assuming that if I can find a Xsara with the same engine - I can rob the fan assembly out of this? Nobody seems to have the Berlingo aircon unit at the moment.

I have seen some photos on ebay of a fan, condensor and rad for a 1.9d xsara, and the fan and condensor seem to be the same, but the rad looks quite different....

Can anyone advise on the interchangeability of parts? I have one unbroken fan, and if I buy the shrould that is on ebay - were it to be the right one - what is the part number for the fan?

Any help greatly appreciated with the parts and numbers....

The Vin number is VF7MFWJYB65623754

If I end up having to buy a new fan shroud - is there anywhere that can be recommended that give a good discount on the dealership prices?

Thanks

Andy

Hi thowman.

Regarding checking out parts, try this thread: http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=251

Enter your VIN and go to 'cooling' under 'Engine'. There is also a detailed description of your car that you can find from the menu on the left.

Pk, a member of ours, seems to know inter-brand compatabilities really well, so id see waht he says.

have you tried http://www.eurocarparts.com for what you are looking for? They may be providing us with discount in the near future, but it depends if its worth waiting for you.
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

Thanks

Given my french isn't that great, there are 2 different listings for the fan assembly, one marked as being ECIA, and the other being GATE. Which one would my car have?
You can change the language on the homepage in the top righthand corner!

(04-03-2011, 09:34 PM)thowman Wrote:  Hi

It seems that most berlingos of this age didn't have aircon fitted, and I have been told various thing by various breakers about the parts. From what I understand, the fan assembly is different between aircon and non aircon models? Is this correct? I can get new condensors and radiators without a problem - but the fan is proving an issue.....
That's right. Fans are not compatible because of rotation speed of a fans.

What Xsara's do you mean? Xsara 1 or 2 or N68?
From what I believe I have found on the internet there is a certain level of compatibility between the Mk1 Berlingo, Xsara and Pug 306. The 306 HDI seems to have a very similar fan set up to the berlingo, and I have found a fan shrould that is for ECIA (like mine) and is listed as being for the Berlingo and Xsara Mk1

Peugeot 306 Facelift Models, Partner I, Citroen Xsara I and Berlingo !

with
1.7 XUD7 Diesel
1.9 XUD9, DW8 & DW8B Diesel
1.9 XUD9TE Turbo Diesel
2.0 DW10TD HDi Diesel
Models Air Conditioning and Ecia Fans

Citroen Part Number 1308T1

Which corresponds to the part number that is listed on the citroen site - and as long as I remove all the wiring and bits from the old smashed up one, and source an eight blade ECIA fan and use the existing fan that is not damaged - I should have the right set up.....

right?

Which means I could go to the local French car breakers in Dunstable who don't seem to have any berlingo bits at the moment and look for one of the other cars listed and get what I am looking for from one of the other cars listed......

fingers crossed

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to thowman for this post:
  • Andre
Just an update - sourced a fan assembly locally from a facelift Pug 306 HDi, and it fits perfectly. Had to change the wiring from the damaged one to the replacement, but it didn't take long.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to thowman for this post:
  • Andre
Glad you have sorted it. Its always good to know inter brand/model compatabilities