Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Whats this strip called?
Hi Guys

There is a rubber channeled strip that goes on the shell that forms a seal when the front & side doors are closed.
The one on my berligo has started to peel away causing rain to come in to the cabin.

I have tried to restick it using double sided tape & glue etc but it keeps coming away.
Looking at the strip it appears to be self adhesive.

I have tried searching for a replacement online using many search terms ie gutter weather strip etc but with no joy.

Can anyone please tell me the proper name for this strip or does someone know what will make it stick back on to the paint work.

Hope someone can help.

Cheers jps
Hello jps welcome to the forum try ebay mk 2 berlingo front side and rear rubber door seal's there are some i just checked
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[attachment=1883][attachment=1884]
[attachment=1882]
(23-10-2014, 08:39 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hello jps welcome to the forum try ebay mk 2 berlingo front side and rear rubber door seal's there are some i just checked

Thanks for the reply jed.

I have looked at those but its not the correct thing Sad

It is a single strip abouts 1cm X 1cm and about 6ft in length which has a channel in it.

It goes on the shell a single strip that goes along the top of the door frame and down the pillar.
I have added a couple of photos its the black strip you can see running across the top.

Cheers jps
looking on the service.citroen site I think it might be called a drip moulding seal.
(24-10-2014, 06:42 AM)dwlawson Wrote:  looking on the service.citroen site I think it might be called a drip moulding seal.

Thanks Smile

I will have a search for one of them.
Polyurethane adhesive, it's silicone and very sticky glue at the same time.
[Image: u-pol-tiger-seal-adhesive-sealant-310ml-...-701-p.jpg]
There is lots of brands and it makes no difference which one you buy. Available in Black, White and Grey. The only places that will sell this locally are either specialized paint shops or Halfords. Online will be always cheaper though 5-7gbp and you need a silicone gun.
(24-10-2014, 01:26 PM)Kokain Wrote:  Polyurethane adhesive, it's silicone and very sticky glue at the same time.
[Image: u-pol-tiger-seal-adhesive-sealant-310ml-...-701-p.jpg]
There is lots of brands and it makes no difference which one you buy. Available in Black, White and Grey. The only places that will sell this locally are either specialized paint shops or Halfords. Online will be always cheaper though 5-7gbp and you need a silicone gun.

Thanks kokain Smile