Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Which Tyres
Only had my Berlingo a couple of weeks, and it currently has 4 different makes of tyre on (Michelin, Arrowspeed, Maxxis & Torneo). The front 2 are getting a bit low on tread so will be changing them soon.

What do people rate as the best tyres for the Berlingo, in terms of comfort/noise/tyre life?

I´m a fan of Continental tyres, but what does everyone else use/rate?
I have used Continental Eco Contact, all round on mine, now on the second set. Very good on road noise - the quietest I've had. Comfort is fine and they show no more wear than others I've had. Grip in the dry is good and in the wet has been fantastic (my commute is about 40 mile round trip over B roaads that are not in the best state of repair, hence I encounter fairly large amounts of standing water at times). However, in the snow they are no good - the tread pattern will show this. Hence I am using them over the summer and will switch to winter tyres in autumn.
Summary - recommended for everything except snow.
I too am a fan of Continental and have TS830's as winter tires. I'm running on the Michelin's that came with the car new (only 4500 km so far) and they seem fine so far.

Tom
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

I have just replaced the front ones with Toyo Proxes CF1.
http://www.toyo.co.uk
Been running Toyo Proxes for years, great in all weathers and loads of grip. Used Proxes T1-R and T1-S on my Clio Sport, drove it hard and fast and never let me down. Ever.:whistle:
But then again Berlingo is a different beast, not exactly a hot hatch!Confusedillyme:
Not the most long lasting tyres (depends how you drive, of course) but safety is my priority.
I do a lot of long 70mph motorway driving and need a reliable tyre that will stop me when I ask it to.
My son has Continentals on his previous SRi and now Focus ST, and he prefers those to Toyo.
Are tyres a bit of a personal choice?
Michelin, especially the latest ones, are supposed to be excellent tyres. But they are expensive and am sure part of that is paying for the name.
Good luck,
Martin.:wave:
I have just had a set of Goodyear "Efficient Grip" fitted (185/65/15) They are not what you would call "sporty" as they have fairly soft side walls but the upside is that they are very compliant and therefore comfortable, as well as being quiet. They claim to give greater fuel economy but I haven't tried to measure that. All in all, they seem to suit the Berlingo quite well.

Come the winter, the Continental TS830's will go back on; absolutely brilliant!
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

I have michelin energy fitted to mine, wet grip is very good, never got stuck in the snow either, wearing very well and road noise is minimal.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
You'll not go wrong with Continentals.
Yokohama A.Drive £56 each fitted

YB :wave:
I was looking to replace my front two with the Barum ones via the tyre shopper website. £52 fitted and made by Continental.

I have one on the rear and they seem to be a decent quality without busting the bank?
I've got the Barum Vanis reinforced tyres on my blingo. Have been on 15000 miles 2mm of wear and are excellent value. Great in snow rain, and for potholes Smile Longevity is my major concern though...

Good price I thought and I got one free in a deal at national tyres and autocentres............

Personal choice though at the end of the day??
Adam..2003..1.9D..LX..Silver Crew Cab Van.....
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.