Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why? Are vans White???
Silver is just as good as white for keeping you cool:

http://phys.org/news/2011-10-silver-whit...ooler.html
(09-05-2016, 08:32 PM)Johny555 Wrote:  My postie drives about 3 meters, post a few letters and gets back in the van drives another 3 meters, all the way down the street, must take him longer getting in and out rather than just walking,crazy!! I bet that van doesn't even get to full temp,don't envey the next owner when royal mail sell it on, never buy ex royal mail vans,

its full throttle  half a mile from last stop to ours and the one oposite , then about a quarter mile stone track to the next one,    on rural rounds the mail vans get hammered.
White 'cos it makes them easier to reverse using mirrors .....even my wife says that white ones are easier .... try it if you don't believe me !
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
Dunno.  But i do wonder why it is that in my white Partner (car) , whether I am nose to nose with a posh 4x4 or high class sports cars, i am rarely the one reversing n the inner city narrow streets. (Its only for bigger vans that i have ever had to reverse.) I have heard that white van drivers have a terrible reputation.....
(20-05-2015, 09:51 AM)Bill Rose Wrote:  Heart Love them to bits, but why are vans white?

I was sitting at a railway-level-crossing (You never find one on a hill.) thinking why is that van white, I mean really white, brilliant white, super smooth white.

When did that happen?

Why are they not, say.. Elephant Grey! Or Soft Pink!

Discuss at length with a glass of the Olde-Amber-Necter. (Why are vans not Beer coloured!)

Regards  Heart Love and Kisses..

Probably comes down to resale value, as a trucker I have to suffer driving an unmarked white truck purely because the company i work for leases the trucks and the lease company restricts what you can do graphics wise.

But here's a curve ball for the OP, although I can't show you a van in Elephant Grey I can show you a van in Shark grey...cos I got one, and it's all mine :-)

(20-05-2015, 09:51 AM)Bill Rose Wrote:  Heart Love them to bits, but why are vans white?

I was sitting at a railway-level-crossing (You never find one on a hill.) thinking why is that van white, I mean really white, brilliant white, super smooth white.

When did that happen?

Why are they not, say.. Elephant Grey! Or Soft Pink!

Discuss at length with a glass of the Olde-Amber-Necter. (Why are vans not Beer coloured!)

Regards  Heart Love and Kisses..
White reflects the suns rays and of course the suns heat. Vans are usually basic and never used to have aircon.
Cheers Richard
White is also easy to do a full respray over (dark colours/metallic are a pig) - whilst that is not a consideration for first owners it may be for people who buy the ex-fleet vans do 'do a little' something (I'm looking at 3.5 tonne horseboxes specifically though). Maybe that the bigger leasing companies have an eye on their final residual values so go for white?

Maybe just too much of the OP coloured fluid speaking mind
Our cars  2008 1.6  HDi 92 Berlingo (His) RIP 2019
              2008 1.6  HDi 110 Mini (Hers)
              2008 1.6  HDi 143 Mini (His)