Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Why doesn't everyone have one of these?
Aha! I've not seen inside newer than an M59. They're a way from common here, just yet.

(Then again, at one workplace last week, there were five Citroën DS21IE sedans - so I tend to haunt retro environments...)
(07-01-2013, 09:36 PM)addo Wrote:  (Then again, at one workplace last week, there were five Citroën DS21IE sedans - so I tend to haunt retro environments...)

That's just greedy! They used to be cheap here, but all the trendy London types have them now so worth a fortune sadly...
There's a joke that "André's First Law" is:
If you can see it, you can't touch it, and conversely:
If you can reach it, you won't be able to see what you're doing.

Dees of most species fulfil this criteria quite well - give me a car like the Berlingo in preference, anytime.
(07-01-2013, 11:40 PM)addo Wrote:  There's a joke that "André's First Law" is:
If you can see it, you can't touch it, and conversely:
If you can reach it, you won't be able to see what you're doing.

Dees of most species fulfil this criteria quite well - give me a car like the Berlingo in preference, anytime.

Not sure I need to drive it particularly - but would like one to look at. Perhaps I can persuade the neighbour to buy one instead?
the wifes picasso had to go to the garage yesterday cos the engine management light was on... needed two injectors..ouch.....so she had my berlingo for the day... shes now decided she prefers to drive the berlingo, had to struggle to get the keys back this morning.
(11-01-2013, 10:14 AM)ricc Wrote:  the wifes picasso had to go to the garage yesterday cos the engine management light was on... needed two injectors..ouch.....so she had my berlingo for the day... shes now decided she prefers to drive the berlingo, had to struggle to get the keys back this morning.
There's an easy way to get the keys back.... just say it needs filled up with fuel. :lol:
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(11-01-2013, 10:14 AM)ricc Wrote:  the wifes picasso had to go to the garage yesterday cos the engine management light was on... needed two injectors..ouch.....so she had my berlingo for the day... shes now decided she prefers to drive the berlingo, had to struggle to get the keys back this morning.

I'm not impressed with the Picasso by comparison. Although I love the look of them, they're less spacious, not significantly better to drive, and based on the used examples I saw, the interior seems less durable. Plus they're more expensive.

So for the main use of these vehicles - lugging loads of people, animals and stuff around in reasonable economy and comfort, the Berlingo seems the better car.

I'd say the same for the Kangoo vs Scenic as well...

I looked at every MPV going and picked the Berlingo as it seemed better, not just out of cost considerations. The only similar type of vehicle that would get me out of it is a VW T5, cause like the Berlingo you can't beat the space for the footprint on the road.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to nicebiscuit for this post:
  • ron
(11-01-2013, 11:29 AM)nicebiscuit Wrote:  

I'm not impressed with the Picasso by comparison. Although I love the look of them, they're less spacious, not significantly better to drive, and based on the used examples I saw, the interior seems less durable. Plus they're more expensive.

So for the main use of these vehicles - lugging loads of people, animals and stuff around in reasonable economy and comfort, the Berlingo seems the better car.

I looked at every MPV going and picked the Berlingo as it seemed better, not just out of cost considerations. The only similar type of vehicle that would get me out of it is a VW T5, cause like the Berlingo you can't beat the space for the footprint on the road.

things is getting worse shes nicking the berlingo most mornings now, reckons its nicer to drive than the picasso.
guess ill have to put up with the picasso for now, its got a towbar on which the berlingo hasnt , in some ways tis easier towing with the picasso than with me windowless lwb transit and most of the time when i dont want the tranny gos its too big and cumbersom the picasso will do.
(15-01-2013, 04:47 PM)ricc Wrote:  things is getting worse shes nicking the berlingo most mornings now, reckons its nicer to drive than the picasso.

My wife prefers it to the BMW. Worrying thing is, in some ways so do I...
(15-01-2013, 04:47 PM)ricc Wrote:  
(11-01-2013, 11:29 AM)nicebiscuit Wrote:  

things is getting worse shes nicking the berlingo most mornings now, reckons its nicer to drive than the picasso.
guess ill have to put up with the picasso for now, its got a towbar on which the berlingo hasnt , in some ways tis easier towing with the picasso than with me windowless lwb transit and most of the time when i dont want the tranny gos its too big and cumbersom the picasso will do.
I bought my '09 XTR 16 months ago to replace my much loved Xara Picasso which has now become my wife's runabout. The C4 Picasso has less space than the old version and is expensive and it's so true to say that for the load-carrying to footprint ratio, there is nothing to beat the Berlingo. Everybody who gets into my Berlingo, front or back, remarks on how much leg room there is and how spacious it seems. However it took me about a year to get to really enjoy it as, compared with the Picasso, the cabin is dark and dated and it has taken me all that time to learn to ignore the suspension noise around town (have had the struts and mounts replaced under guarantee) - the Pic seemed so quiet in that respect when I got back into it. The Berli is definitely a much nicer drive. I think I would have been converted earlier had we not had to cancel our summer holiday plans (including camping) when I would have use it for the reasons I bought it but a long trip from Kent to Cardiff in October clinched it. It's a great long distance cruiser. Reading this thread has helped to dispel the negatives too.