Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Xtr front bumper and front fog light
Hi all,

Anybody got any idea how much a bumper and pass side fog light would be. Looks like I need the complete bumper.
Sodding deer ran out in front of me this morning, Had a look on ebay but nothing on there.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Muppet1 for this post:
  • taxi
Fog light from ebay supplier This is a pattern part from far east but does the job ok, I fitted one to mine. Genuine Valeo light from Citroen parts £40 odd.
Yes saw the fog lights thanks, Any ideas if I was to claim on my insurance, How many no claims do I lose and how long do they put the price up for. I'm thinking its going to be nigh on £300 as the bumper needs to be painted as well.
Found these Bumpers though,
http://www.crashrepairparts.com/parts/pa..._ts=192525
Yes it is a difficult one, unless you paid extra for no claims protection, but even with this you will still have a claim which will increase premium at next renewal even if you shop around, I guess. I have a £300 excess on my insurance because there seems little point in spoiling one's record for this amount. If you buy parts & diy you will do the job for under £200 it seems. I hate to think what a body repairer would charge. It would probably not spoil the look of the car too much to leave bumper unpainted. If you diy bumper & lights you can always get a quote for painting afterwards.
I fitted a pattern fog to my 306 a few years ago. All the silver coating has now peeled off and dulled, while the original part on the other side still looks mint. TBH, given the amount of work to fit, I'd have paid extra for the genuine part if I did it again (unless I was about to sell).
If you only run one or two cars, the cost impact of a claim over the next five years will be fairly tolerable. The more cars in your fleet, the greater your incentive just to eat the repair cost. Its biggest "benefit" usually is a lifetime (of your ownership) warranty on repairs, whereas a private deal with a panel shop is between you and they. Bear in mind the old story about the person with money meeting the person with experience.
(04-04-2013, 09:07 AM)addo Wrote:  If you only run one or two cars, the cost impact of a claim over the next five years will be fairly tolerable. The more cars in your fleet, the greater your incentive just to eat the repair cost. Its biggest "benefit" usually is a lifetime (of your ownership) warranty on repairs, whereas a private deal with a panel shop is between you and they. Bear in mind the old story about the person with money meeting the person with experience.
What was it addo?
At the end of the meeting, the person who arrived with the experience, leaves with the money. The person who arrived with the money is left with the experience.

I personally find panel shops can be very slippery customers. That is in spite of good product knowledge and related skills on my part.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to addo for this post:
  • Opensauce, taxi
(04-04-2013, 08:41 AM)jamesg Wrote:  I fitted a pattern fog to my 306 a few years ago. All the silver coating has now peeled off and dulled, while the original part on the other side still looks mint. TBH, given the amount of work to fit, I'd have paid extra for the genuine part if I did it again (unless I was about to sell).
Yes the ebay foglight certainly does not have the quality of the oe part & the reflector is noticeably duller although mine has not yet rusted after about a couple of yrs. I used the original bulb holder & plastic seal around it as pattern part bulb holder did not look that good. No contest really with price difference & light seems as good. I dislike design with glass lenses so low down & Citroen does not make any sort of plastic shield. I'm actually suprised though that I have only had 1 break in 4yrs. Fitting is easy enough diy with tool provided in kit.