Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
YELLOW KEY SYMBOL IN OBLONG YELLOW BORDER?
Recently changed shell on my key as the remote buttons were broken.Since this(it`s the same key)a yellow key symbol lights up when I put the key in to start car.The car starts and the symbol goes off.
Anyone knows what the symbol means as it`s not shown in my handbook?
Hi, I'm surprised the engine starts as this is the symbol for the immobiliser.
If you still have your old key fob there is the matching chip which needs taking out and putting in your new one. (see below)

[Image: 2ds0n5i.png]
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Rustscrat for this post:
  • freddy1957
Thanks for the reply mate,binned my old key fob but tried the spare key and that works ok with out the immoboliser light coming on. Sod the remote central locking I`ll stick to the spare key in manual.

Cheers, freddy.
P.S. Prefer the Sam Smiths,cheaper and stronger.
If you look at the end of your spare key where the shaft joins the plastic, you will see a square plastic cap. If you dig this cap out carefully(it's about 15mm long) you will find another chip inside. You could place this in your new key fob. Otherwise I think you can buy these chips but you will have to get your Bsi programmed to accept it. Confusedalut:

Funny how both Smiths ales are good laxative's !!! :drool:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Rustscrat for this post:
  • freddy1957
I`ve got the Citroen key code (it`s on a card with a scratch window on it,if that makes sense),I`ll try and get a new chip.
I tried the central locking with the new fob and started the car with the spare key and this was ok, but means carrying both my keys, I`ll have to get a spare key as a "get out of jail key", a mate of mine is a Citroen salesman I`ll pick his brains.
Thanks again Rustcrat,I`ll let you know how I get on.
(18-03-2012, 11:47 PM)freddy1957 Wrote:  I`ve got the Citroen key code (it`s on a card with a scratch window on it,if that makes sense),I`ll try and get a new chip.
I tried the central locking with the new fob and started the car with the spare key and this was ok, but means carrying both my keys, I`ll have to get a spare key as a "get out of jail key", a mate of mine is a Citroen salesman I`ll pick his brains.
Thanks again Rustcrat,I`ll let you know how I get on.

No worries.
Cheers. Confusedalut:
The missus went through the wheelie bin and found the old fob (bless her little cotton socks),I removed the chip, put it in the new fob and it works a dream,again thanks.
P.S. I saw your request for electronic bits in the chat section.If you look under postings by Mike I posted a link about electric window problems,I don`t know if this is any use to you but the more people that know the better,methinks.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to freddy1957 for this post:
  • Rustscrat
(19-03-2012, 10:15 PM)freddy1957 Wrote:  The missus went through the wheelie bin and found the old fob (bless her little cotton socks),I removed the chip, put it in the new fob and it works a dream,again thanks.
P.S. I saw your request for electronic bits in the chat section.If you look under postings by Mike I posted a link about electric window problems,I don`t know if this is any use to you but the more people that know the better,methinks.

Excellent, I love a happy ending. :woop:
Nice link, Thanks.