Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
central locking issues
hi, i have a 57  ( 08) 1.4 petrol berlingo van ...........  owned for around 1 year ... its fantastic.... took it for the mot yesterday ..it failed on a few minors... mechanic said keys in the van ,,, got to the van LOCKED !!!!!!!
anyhow they got me in ....so i drove it home turned everything off and locked it with the button on my key fob.... i noticed looking inside that the button on the centre console with the padlock on had a red flashing light which id never seen before..
so i opened up the van and sat in and closed the door ... no keys in the ignition doors unlocked and after around 30 seconds or so the central locking locked the van without me doing anything , which explains  why my key was locked in at the garage ...
ive done a bit of googleing and found a bsi  reset which ive tryed and made no diffrerence ... 
im a courier and i get in and out of my van 60+times a day to make deliveries and sods law i will forget to take my keys  and i will be locked out again .....  main dealer said i have to hook it up to their diagnostics at a cost 
has anyone heard of this and know how to fix ...  thanks ....jim Angry Angry
I Don't think its got anything to do with the eco mode but it sounds like self locking function could be playing up. In the manual it mentions when you use the remote to unlock the car, if you do not open a door in 30 seconds it will lock the car again as a security feature. The light on the central locking button flashes when the ignition is off. It will remain lit if the doors are locked and the ignition is on. This shouldn't have any effect on your fault but if you hold the central locking button on the dash down for a while you will hear a beep, now when you go over 6mph the doors lock automatically. To turn this feature off hold down the said button until you hear a beep again.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
hi and thanks ..... i have no issue with it all locking when i reach a certain speed .... but it never self locked before in the year ive had it,,,, and i just know i will lock the keys in  Confused
Have a look at the wiring where it goes between the doors there could be chaffing. As I understand the drivers door is the master so perhaps wiring is shorting when going into eco mode triggering the locks.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
I would guess at the button playing up, or maybe a fault with the switches in the locks themselves. It's not going to be easy to find I'm afraid
Fire bad, tree pretty