Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
"Front Door Open" message stops my central locking
yes.. tape up the wires,,, i have noticed a few things since sniping the wire, 1, console light wont work, that green wire carries back 12 volts to power it..... 2, the alarm that notifies you the keys still in ignition stopped working.....3,the alarm that notifies you the lights are left on stopped too.... its possible the green snipped wire triggers these alarms when connected so i am going to fit a switch to the door (old push type thats activated when door is closed)..... i will take pictures of this and report back to let ye know my findings.. i have identified the site where i'll fit the switch
Think I will just change the lock mechanism instead and keep it standard depending on the price of a new one, going by the photo's changing the mechanism shouldn't be that hard to do. There is one thing that is strange on my one is that if I push on the lock with a screw driver and activate the lock with the door open the door open message goes away so I think I will try wd40 on the mechanism first in case it's just stiff and not closing all the way or maybe check the alignment of it and the metal part in the door frame in case my door has dropped a bit.

Been out and sprayed it with wd40 and never made any difference then I checked the alignment and it seems ok but the door seems to be a bit loose when I shut it so I adjusted the metal retainer in the door frame down and in a tiny bit to make the door a bit of a tighter fit and that's it working perfectly and my central locking is now working as well that's a bonus but I will keep you up to date if it works for the next few weeks.
Its maybe worth trying the lock with a screw driver and activate it with the door open to see if your lock has the same fault as mine and hopefully it is just an adjustment needed on the door frame as well
i dont know how much they cost in the uk but here in IRE they were 85euro +vat,.. i've tried the WD40 thing and the allignment also looked for broken wires to no avail,,, your lock is fine and only thing wrong is that your sensor is worn (hence the screwdriver thing), putting a switch in is exactly the same as a new lock, fraction the price
I have a neighbour who works for a local Citroen garage in the parts department and she is going to check the price and possibly use her discount so I will see how much they are but hopefully my fix lasts long enough as I have spent loads on it since I bought it a few weeks ago(complete exhaust, 4 tyres , indicator stalk and changed the display in my dash)
(04-07-2014, 03:55 PM)billy140572 Wrote:  I have a neighbour who works for a local Citroen garage in the parts department and she is going to check the price and possibly use her discount so I will see how much they are but hopefully my fix lasts long enough as I have spent loads on it since I bought it a few weeks ago(complete exhaust, 4 tyres , indicator stalk and changed the display in my dash)
been out a few times with the berlingo now and done loads of miles, slammed the door loads of times to see if it will stop working but it's still working so hopefully that's it fixed for just now but my neighbour has ordered a new lock for me just in case, she got it for £33 using her discount but I wont fit it until the other one gives up unless I need to take the door card off for something elseBig Grin
just an update,, i fitted the door switch i got from an old VW polo today and alarms and console light are back working fine, sorry i didn't take pictures as time wasn't on my side,, but i recommend fitting one