Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
compatible driver seat swap?
hi all, new to the forum, had my 02 Y plate multispace forte for just under a year, and love it, great drive, great motor...

...crap seats

could anyone help me put together a list of alternative seats that will be compatible without alteration...there is a french vehicle salvage yard on the A1 near me...are the Pug406 and Xsara seats compatible without alteration?

help...I drive a lot for work (market trader) and my back is murder, it's putting my shoulder out as well...
Hi Floydy welcome to the forum, Have a search on the site as there is a fair bit about different seats that people have fitted.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Hi Tomcat and thanks for moderating, there is a lot, I know, but most of what I read involved adjustment and alteration work

I just want to know if there is summat other than a berlingo seat (very few on the market, mebbe because they are bobbins) I can buy and just drop into place without having to do much/any work on
Hello Floydy welcome to the forum
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(18-11-2013, 10:08 PM)floydy Wrote:  Hi Tomcat and thanks for moderating, there is a lot, I know, but most of what I read involved adjustment and alteration work

I just want to know if there is summat other than a berlingo seat (very few on the market, mebbe because they are bobbins) I can buy and just drop into place without having to do much/any work on

As far as I know the only other seats that should be a straight swap are those from the same shape Peugeot Partner. Most car seats simply sit on top of the rails that bolt to the floor, but the Berlingo seating position is more van like so you have that extra bit on top of the rail that raises the seat from the floor. To fit a seat from another vehicle you have to cut your seat off the raised part and then fix the replacement seat onto that as you have read.
M49 Berlingo multispaces have the added problem that the outside moutings are on the inner sill and not the floor