Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
door speakers
Hi all hope someone can help . I am thinking of upgrading my door speakers in my berlingo van , I would like to know if it's easy to do and what size speakers I can fit keep the covers fitted to the door cards :thumbsup:
Hi there i fitted these to mine they are Fli Fi6 speakers and they are 16.5 cm in size, i fitted the supplied speaker covers but you can put the standard ones on instead if required.

[Image: rtnof6.jpg]
(07-01-2013, 07:57 PM)BerlingoHDI Wrote:  Hi there i fitted these to mine they are Fli Fi6 speakers and they are 16.5 cm in size, i fitted the supplied speaker covers but you can put the standard ones on instead if required.

[Image: rtnof6.jpg]

thanks was it a easy job to do ?
yes very simple the speaker cover twists and then pulls off, then there were 4 torx screws on mine to remove speaker from the door you then have two choices, you can cut the citroen speaker plugs off and put on some spade connectors to attach to new speaker or you could get an adapter plug off ebay which eliminates chopping the wiring.

I myself cut into the wiring but that is up to you, i will post a link for the adapter plug when i find them on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC2-800-Alfa-R...230646efb7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adaptor-for-sp...20ad775bee

These are a couple of links to ebay, it will be best to check what kind of plug is fitted to your vehicle and match it up before purchasing
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to BerlingoHDI for this post:
  • Berlingo_Van, chris77, Rogalicious
(07-01-2013, 07:57 PM)BerlingoHDI Wrote:  Hi there i fitted these to mine they are Fli Fi6 speakers and they are 16.5 cm in size, i fitted the supplied speaker covers but you can put the standard ones on instead if required.

Are they much of an improvement over manufacturer's original fitments???
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
(07-01-2013, 11:09 PM)andy-womble Wrote:  

I definately think so, these are only cheap speakers and there are better out there but for what i want they are ideal, they also have built in tweeters and they dont distort as soon like the standard ones do,Bass it better and they give good highs if you require it also it depends what head unit you are using.

I doubt they would be much difference if they are attached to citroen head unit but i have a jvc unit fitted with a decent in built amp which provides enough power to them. I also have twin 12 inch vibe subs and a vibe amplifier in the boot for that extra kick of bass so i tend not to push too much bass through the speakers as it not necessary with having the subs.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to BerlingoHDI for this post:
  • andy-womble
(07-01-2013, 11:17 PM)BerlingoHDI Wrote:  
(07-01-2013, 11:09 PM)andy-womble Wrote:  

I've got a good head unit but I need to upgrade the speakers I might put some 6x9s in the back and I might put a sub in the back Big Grin

I definately think so, these are only cheap speakers and there are better out there but for what i want they are ideal, they also have built in tweeters and they dont distort as soon like the standard ones do,Bass it better and they give good highs if you require it also it depends what head unit you are using.

I doubt they would be much difference if they are attached to citroen head unit but i have a jvc unit fitted with a decent in built amp which provides enough power to them. I also have twin 12 inch vibe subs and a vibe amplifier in the boot for that extra kick of bass so i tend not to push too much bass through the speakers as it not necessary with having the subs.
To be honest i never been a fan of 6x9s especially if your planning of having a sub as well, maybe though you could fit some 6x9s into bulkhead somewhere and they would probably benefit from being amplified to achieve a better sound, i think most aftermarket headunits provide around 4 x 50 watts for the speakers so that should be ok for door speakers
4x4 Speaker Cabinets are even better. The ones made by Jim Marshall Amplification.....:whistle::whistle::whistle:
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to andy-womble for this post:
  • addo, RolyG
Alpine do some wicked speakers at decent prices... grab a pair Wink never been fond of 6x9s either, specially not fitted to the parcel shelf.
If it aint broke don't fix it... if it is broke, who gives a rats ass?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jstar for this post:
  • andy-womble