Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Keys and Plastic
Hello, Steve here from Wakefield...no not the other Steve from Wakefield, the new Steve from Wakefield Big Grin

I've been reading and searching the forums for a couple of weeks now, to get some advice on some stuff I needed to know and I haven't been disappointed

But...there are a couple of things I haven't been able to find, so wondered if anyone can shed any light on them for me.

I've been reading the info from carkeycodes about replacement keys, but not exactly to do with my first issue....I bought my Berlingo which is on a 53 plate, (which makes it a MK2 I think) and it only came with one key which controls the central locking when you turn the key...it's not a remote "blip" type. I was wondering how I would go about getting a second key and if it is any easier with me already having one? Is there a quick, easy, inexpensive solution?

My second question is, I am trying to find a way to replace some of the plastic external side trim and a couple of bits of internal plastic door trim (door release surrounds) can anyone recommend a good outlet, preferably Wakefield or Yorkshire or even online if needed.

Nice to finally make a constructive post and enter the fray with the rest of you, looking forward to any advice you can offer Smile

PS...forgot to say..the key that opens the door and central locks also operates the ignition

Steve...the new one :-)
A lot of Locksmiths can clone your existing key onto a new blank, without the car being present. I suggest you have a phone around for quotes, I would expect to pay a maximum of about £40 for a copy.