Thread Rating:
  • 24 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
Instrument panel
Scouring the internet for the binnacle and I come across Peugeot Partner speedo. I realise it is for the 'sister' model but will it still have the same connections etc?
(06-07-2012, 10:20 AM)Birds nest Wrote:  Scouring the internet for the binnacle and I come across Peugeot Partner speedo. I realise it is for the 'sister' model but will it still have the same connections etc?

couldnt be sure but id imagine so there the same van slightly different front end sure why dont you check on this website for the parts im sure someone has one
Nearly there. Replaced the binacle and got the rev counter and the lcd display working again, still no speedo.
So I have been under the bonnet again to find the speed sensor. I think I have the correct one (2 wires, one green, one red?) and it sits on top of the gearbox, held in my a 10mm bolt. If this is the right one then when I took it out, there was an amount of litter magnetised to the bottom of it, rusty bits of metal :S
Anyway, cleaned it all up and popped it back in with hope in my mind but luck wasn't on my side there.
Now, I have searched the internet for the replacement sensor... low and behold, there are a few different options. Mine has the plug going off at 45° so it does narrow it down by sight, but there are two engine variations (apparently) which have different sensors :brickwall:

Is there a simple way to know which engine I have?

Thanks to Rustscrat and Ruairi for all their advice during this mission, it is gratefully recieved.
Other than the speedo, everything is done and the van is brilliant. It is having it's signwriting done tomorrow so ready to roll soon Smile
[Image: 87608d0b.jpg]
The bits stuck to the bottom of the sensor.
You are looking at your engine speed sensor, (item 1313 on diagram) two wires in a black plug, green with red stripe & brown with red stripe.
If your eyes are good the numbers on the wires should be 132 & 133.
This sends signals to your engine ecu. with out this the engine will run rough.
The item you want is the one I posted in POST 9. Item 1620 on the diagram.
Three wires in a white plug, Grey + green + green with yellow stripe.
Confusedtudy:

[Image: 5xipet.png]
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Rustscrat for this post:
  • Birds nest, Ol'Jeffers, ron
Thanks again for your patience and advice. I have had enough messing about peering through gaps so I think I know where this is. There appears to be a few gaps I may be able to get through from underneath. So once monsoon season is past I will scrabble underneath and see how I get on from that angle!
Thanks again.
(12-07-2012, 02:17 PM)Birds nest Wrote:  Thanks again for your patience and advice. I have had enough messing about peering through gaps so I think I know where this is. There appears to be a few gaps I may be able to get through from underneath. So once monsoon season is past I will scrabble underneath and see how I get on from that angle!
Thanks again.

dw8 engine is the one in your van
Just thought I'd bring this back to life.
Had a break from working on the Berlingo whilst I moved house and got the festivities out of the way. Back to it again. The old van passes its mot today with a couple of advisories (Tyres and exhaust rubber).
Since last time I replaced the suspect sensor and that solved the engine management/limp home issue. The speedo still doesn't work, I have replaced the bit on the back of the diff (which is not amusing, 1 Allen bolt and several knuckles). Whilst it was out I gave it a spin and there was no movement on the speedo needle. I'll get back on with looking and report accordingly.
(04-02-2013, 11:45 PM)Birds nest Wrote:  Just thought I'd bring this back to life.
Had a break from working on the Berlingo whilst I moved house and got the festivities out of the way. Back to it again. The old van passes its mot today with a couple of advisories (Tyres and exhaust rubber).
Since last time I replaced the suspect sensor and that solved the engine management/limp home issue. The speedo still doesn't work, I have replaced the bit on the back of the diff (which is not amusing, 1 Allen bolt and several knuckles). Whilst it was out I gave it a spin and there was no movement on the speedo needle. I'll get back on with looking and report accordingly.
Good luck to you.Confusedalut:Confusedalut:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy