Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
front side lights
Hi guys, my front side lights are not working, rear are working. Cannot find in handbook which if any is fuse for just front. Bulbs are ok and working. Any suggestions???? mk3 .
cheers
Pete
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
Has no one got an answer to this problem?

(13-07-2012, 05:38 PM)pch Wrote:  Hi guys, my front side lights are not working, rear are working. Cannot find in handbook which if any is fuse for just front. Bulbs are ok and working. Any suggestions???? mk3 .
cheers
Pete
Is anyone seeing this post? doesnt any one have any suggestions please?
Pete

will I have to go to the bloody dealer???? my biggest dread.....
Did I hear a noise?
Sorry, been trying to find out but unable to source any info.

Maybe some sequence required for ecu etc to reprogramme, my Skoda had to have the light switch off, ignition off and key out before changing bulbs then ignition back on before new bulbs worked.
coco , hi how you doing? yes I squeaked......help needed , rather than visiting dealer.
Pete
Hello Pete,

All not too bad here. Sorry can't help with your lights problem and I completely empathise with your thoughts about going to the dealer
Hi, looking at the diagrams for a 2009 multi-space, the side lights are controlled electronically. The fronts come from the PSF in the engine bay, the rears are fed from the BSI. They are not allocated a dedicated fuse as the electronics are designed to shut down on over current.
Start with the basics - make sure both bulbs are ok and are free from corrosion, check the earths of each head light especially the left hand one as this is the earth is also for the PSF.
There is another earth for the PSF + Bsi which is labelled MC46.
This is of course if I am looking at the correct diagram.
If you PM me your Vin No. I can get a more accurate idea.
Confusedtudy:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
f ..ing hell, all too complex for me...ha ha ha. I will pm my vin, but sounds like a dealers visit may be necessary. PSF, BSI.....All double dutch to me, give me the good old fuse, I think more and more today we have gone too bloody technical, in all aspects of life, sounds like an old git talking again......but I`m sure some will back me up, the good old moggie, 2cv, beetle, simple to fix, no fancy garage computerised equipment needed, was a much simpler life......ok we couldnt travel at 100 mph and didnt get 50 mpg, but we had time to live and enjoy, not f..ing racing around chasing our tails all the time. I think I have seen a bit of both worlds being in my 50`s, and bith have benefits, but I know which I prefer.
cheers
Pete
(16-07-2012, 07:18 AM)pch Wrote:  f ..ing hell, all too complex for me...ha ha ha. I will pm my vin, but sounds like a dealers visit may be necessary. PSF, BSI.....All double dutch to me, give me the good old fuse, I think more and more today we have gone too bloody technical, in all aspects of life, sounds like an old git talking again......but I`m sure some will back me up, the good old moggie, 2cv, beetle, simple to fix, no fancy garage computerised equipment needed, was a much simpler life......ok we couldnt travel at 100 mph and didnt get 50 mpg, but we had time to live and enjoy, not f..ing racing around chasing our tails all the time. I think I have seen a bit of both worlds being in my 50`s, and bith have benefits, but I know which I prefer.
cheers
Pete

Yep, must agree, the more complicated it gets the more expense it is to maintain!Rolleyes
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool