Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
headlights
hi all,
bin to breakers again today and bought roof rails...from a chevrolet lacetti estate. there brushed silver with black ends.
didn't think i was going to get to do any work on the van today but managed to get the bumper cut for picasso fog mounts and have to say they look pretty good.
roof cut out for sunroof aswell and have to say am delighted with the idea and the look.
battery on phone was low so couldn't take any photos but will take them tomorrow while there.
am putting the roof rails on tomorrow and then removing them so as can be re-sprayed so will be black by sunday with most of work completed...
also on the list for tomorrow is to fabricate some brackets for the rear bench to bolt to the floor.
took my measurements and made my templates for the rear of the van as want it set out to cater for our company as a call out/boiler breakdown van. my company use a vivaro and transit for our day to day routine as can store loads but nothing small for our call outs, hence my little berlingo.
plus if i decide to sell, its gona be perfect for an apprentice type person.

will keep you all posted,

Dan
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to fmplumb for this post:
  • adam3rdcanvey
nice one dan, thanks for keeping us updated!
looks like a top project Smile
Adam..2003..1.9D..LX..Silver Crew Cab Van.....
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
hi guys,
having a little dificulty getting some pics to uploaded but heres some with the vents in...hope you like.

Dan
[Image: picstosort2012.jpg]
[Image: picstosort2011.jpg]
[Image: picstosort2010.jpg]
:lol:
(09-01-2012, 03:42 PM)fmplumb Wrote:  hi guys,
having a little dificulty getting some pics to uploaded but heres some with the vents in...hope you like.

Dan
<snip>

Cool Know there different, will look good with black paintwork etc.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to bechstein for this post:
  • fmplumb
I never even knew this progress thread existed, thread title change in order i think, will be going back to the beginning now.

Nice one Dan :thumbsup: .
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

Wasn't sure when you first mentioned them, but I think it's coming on well - can't wait to see it finished.

I love it when some original thought goes into someone's car, not just bolting on a pre-formed bodykit, but thinking what will work on then making it all fit together. There used to be loads of this type of stuff going on, but you don't see anything like you used to. Good luck to you !
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Coco for this post:
  • fmplumb
hi guys, how are we all on here. sorry i haven't been on in a while, i've just been mega busy with work but came hoe tonight and decided to do the screens in the headrests...
these screens were actually really cheap from ebay, £49.00 for two with free delivery.
we've trying for ages with changing the seats but have been really unlucky with alterations so have decided to just stick with the originals. (sorry)...
van still not been into the paint booth, mainly my fault as i've tried swopping and changing so many different things.
sunroof in, side vents in, screens in headrests,seats in back and ready for spray booth on friday. chrome side bars have arrived, alloys have had a clean, power inverter installed, speakers and side wall cup holders also here.
i've taken some photos of me doing the headrests. to be honest, i think the screens are too big for the headrests. i mean, they look good but i'm still not sure.
lots of wiring to do at weekend.
hope all of you are having a great new year.

Dan

[Image: berlingomk229.jpg]

[Image: berlingomk230.jpg]
[Image: berlingomk233.jpg]
[Image: berlingomk235.jpg]
[Image: berlingomk238.jpg]
[Image: berlingomk220.jpg]
[Image: berlingomk221.jpg]
[Image: berlingomk226.jpg]
Doing a good job there, keep it up. Just hope yer not forgetting to clear up the kitchen worktop after you or you could be in trouble, though.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
I think you've just caught them right - any bigger would have been too big, but yours just fit. I wouldn't have wanted to be the one wielding that Stanley blade though !!!

Side mount cup holders?? - Tell me more.....

hi coco,

they're cupholders that fold down. i bought them from ebay, only £3 including delivery. they're for the side walls of the van.
have had sooo many problems lately with the rear of the van with different ideas. originally i wanted to put a three seater in back, then it went to two recliner seats and then back to three again but when we put the three in we started to come across problems...the ply kit would not go back in as it was crushing the lower side of the seat and making it look awefull!!!..plus we wouldn't have been able to fit the carpet down the wall with this problem. so, it was back to the two seater idea and lucky enough we picked some up with built in seatbelts so straight in they went after some hours of alterations and base plates welded to them.
the centre console will also house cupholders but am stuck for any other ideas for it.

Dan