Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
how to remove centre consul
[attachment=1168]Hi could any one please direct me which way to get to the wiring behind the cig lighter and the heater blower controls, I would like to find out where the burnt wires I found are connected to, the cig lighter does not work, I have a new heater blower speed resistor to fit but do not want to try it until I know where these wires go at present they are taped up and are on the passenger side footwell close and below the ashtray.

Cheers Mick
This old how-to may help you get the bits of plastic off to see it all!
http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=4431

Good luck!
(29-06-2013, 05:13 PM)CandR Wrote:  This old how-to may help you get the bits of plastic off to see it all!
http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=4431

Good luck!

Many many thanks, what a fantastic piece of work you have done, this will help me remove the panel to see where these burnt wires go to.

You may like to see one of my manuals, link is below once again thanks.

Mick

http://eastmiddleton.com/shotgun/BERETTA....GUIDE.pdf
(29-06-2013, 06:26 PM)yidaki Wrote:  You may like to see one of my manuals, link is below once again thanks.

Mick

Thanks for the thanks, Mick - but your manual puts my work to shame! Nice one. I thought: "Beretta - Italian scooter? James Bond pistol?"
My only experiance with shotguns was one go at age 17 - urged to try out a distant family member's gun (Pirdy or something) at his place in the country (never been there again). After my hopeless attempts, he muttered that he didn't think clay pidgeon shooting was going to be my main hobby - or words to that effect. Funny, because I was pretty good with an old BSA .22 air rifle. I was the only one of my chums who could hit the coke can at 30 feet firing from the hip!
(29-06-2013, 08:08 PM)CandR Wrote:  
(29-06-2013, 06:26 PM)yidaki Wrote:  You may like to see one of my manuals, link is below once again thanks.

Mick

Thanks for the thanks, Mick - but your manual puts my work to shame! Nice one. I thought: "Beretta - Italian scooter? James Bond pistol?"
My only experiance with shotguns was one go at age 17 - urged to try out a distant family member's gun (Pirdy or something) at his place in the country (never been there again). After my hopeless attempts, he muttered that he didn't think clay pidgeon shooting was going to be my main hobby - or words to that effect. Funny, because I was pretty good with an old BSA .22 air rifle. I was the only one of my chums who could hit the coke can at 30 feet firing from the hip!

much easer with a 12 gauge shotgun I think

No I think yours has a lot more detailed work than mine, that aside mine took about an hour!

do the wires or white connectors in my picture look anything like the ones attached to the back of the heater control box?
(29-06-2013, 08:39 PM)yidaki Wrote:  do the wires or white connectors in my picture look anything like the ones attached to the back of the heater control box?
Not really. If I remember rightly they didn't have nearly enough slack on them to hang as low as yours are. The only electric connection on the back of my heater control unit can be seen in the second photo in my fotodoc (bottom-right a bit behind the black wheel/cam). It's a plug with stepped sides which looks as if it has 6 connections but inside there are only 4 metal connectors. I've got a spare unit here, but no working camera. Will try and get a close-up photo up for you tomorrow.
(29-06-2013, 09:33 PM)CandR Wrote:  
(29-06-2013, 08:39 PM)yidaki Wrote:  do the wires or white connectors in my picture look anything like the ones attached to the back of the heater control box?
Not really. If I remember rightly they didn't have nearly enough slack on them to hang as low as yours are. The only electric connection on the back of my heater control unit can be seen in the second photo in my fotodoc (bottom-right a bit behind the black wheel/cam). It's a plug with stepped sides which looks as if it has 6 connections but inside there are only 4 metal connectors. I've got a spare unit here, but no working camera. Will try and get a close-up photo up for you tomorrow.
Ur a star thanks,
(30-06-2013, 10:49 AM)yidaki Wrote:  
(29-06-2013, 09:33 PM)CandR Wrote:  
Ur a star thanks,

would u happen to know what type of wires or connectors go to the back of the cig lighter? I put my ear down to the foot well and turned the left hand dial right and left and could hear the cables moving, so hoping the cig lighter may be the culprit, will remove the consul tommorow to see if I can locate the burnt wires and where they may be from.
(30-06-2013, 06:26 PM)yidaki Wrote:  would u happen to know what type of wires or connectors go to the back of the cig lighter? I put my ear down to the foot well and turned the left hand dial right and left and could hear the cables moving, so hoping the cig lighter may be the culprit, will remove the consul tommorow to see if I can locate the burnt wires and where they may be from.
'Fraid I can't help you there. Even I wouldn't trust any electrics advice I gave! The cables you shift by turning the dial knob move independent of any electricity, however, so your burnt wires just might still be the heater control unit ones.
Re promised photo - camera and car have been appropriated for a long weekend by the younger generation Confusedcratch: Sorry. Once you have a good look behind the plastic, the real experts are sure to be able to tell you which is which! Good luck.