Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Aftermarket rad fans?
I'd left my Berlingo idling away unattended in the driveway while I popped in to grab a couple of bits, I came out to be greeted by a state of emergency gushing steam out all over the place...

Damn.

After a lot of worry and research I traced the problem back to my one remaining fan (the other I'd removed cause it was damaged) not kicking in.. causing the overheat and the rad cap to go pop.

Tested the fan, its given up the ghost Sad

Now I'm faced with having to avoid standstill for too long as there are now no fans to cool the radiator... I've tried to source one of these fans before but for my model (1.4 petrol, 2002 pre facelift Multispace) they seem to be as rare as rocking horse shite and rather pricey.

I'm looking into those universal fit slimline fans on ebay, thinking of going for a dual setup mounted on the back of the rad that pulls air through to cool it when needed... I figure whatever cooling they can give has to be better than the none at all I currently have, has anyone used these before or know if they're any good? I figure at £40 for two as opposed to the £60+ I'd be paying for the genuine article (used) they've got to be worth a pop?
Personally I would buy the correct one if it's only £60, not worth all the hassle to save £20.
Have you tried Eurocarparts? They do copy fans to replace the oe ones for some models.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Lighty for this post:
  • raindog
Sorry I meant it was going to cost me £60+ for just one (used) original fan, I need two for them to perform as they should, the slimline ebay jobbies are £40 for the pair..

Looked on Eurocarparts and pattern fans are on there for just over £100 each... I really need to change my cambelt and water pump, pricey stuff, so I can't afford to shell out that much on a single fan but thanks for the heads up, I was having real trouble finding decent replacements Smile