Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
insurance
Dont no if im in right part of forum but does anyone know were i can get cheap van insurance from as i am getting stupid quotes, i am nearly 20 years old and have 0 no claims
Mate you'll get screwed by most of them. Citroen quoted me £6k to insure (I'm 19 too). confuse.com it and hope to get less than 3
If it aint broke don't fix it... if it is broke, who gives a rats ass?
Sorry lads, you'll just have to stump up, age is not on your side. Van or not, insurance is going to be a kicker at 20.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
many years since i saw 20 mmmmmm
try limiting your yearly mileage
this ones a bit hi-tech for me but worth some thought, some insurance companies fit a gizmo on board to see where you go,when and how fast for a lower premium.
A friend of mine has a van and struggled to get insured social, domestic and pleasure as it was not used for business. He is 60 same as me and his van is a new Vivaro with the rear seats and windows which he prefers to a car for carting his camping and allotment gear round in. Age was not a factor just that it was a van.
So where does this bit go then ?
Just to rub salt further into the wounds, when I was 20 my insurance was £325.

It was 1993 though.........
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
Pity you need a van as Peugeot are doing deals for car, tax, insurance, servicing and recovery.
BUT , sadly you need to be at least 21.
Check out http://www.money.co.uk/vaninsurance for under 21"s etc. Confusedtudy:
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(14-02-2013, 10:07 AM)steve valentine Wrote:  Just to rub salt further into the wounds, when I was 20 my insurance was £325.

It was 1993 though.........

Sure members can go back further than this, but...
1984 (I was 17), I insured a 1256cc 1974 Vauxhall Viva HC in champagne gold TPF&T for £90.
Apologies to the younger generation, but it just shows how insurance has changed and what a rip off it is now for those under 21.
My son is 20 and his insurance on a 1996 1.3 Mitsubishi Colt was £1700 when he passed his test, 3 years later (same car, suprisingly) it has dropped to £624. Which is still expensive.
And the greedy insurance companies are the reason that so many young drivers choose
not to insure their cars. I can't remember the last time I saw a police spot check but the
kids know that they are few and far between so when the penalties for getting caught with
no insurance are less than the insurance premiums they think with their wallets and drive
uninsured. When they get caught and banned they sell the car to a mate very cheap and
he carries on where they left off.
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
I swear I searched every single insurance company out there, on comparison sites or not, independent little companies blah blah blah...eventually had a look at the insurance company with the annoying dog, you know, the jowly insurance hound? Anyway, they saved me nearly a grand over all of the others! Give them a try, I'm glad I did! :thumbsup:

FYI, I'm 28, I'm insuring my first ever vehicle so I new it would be high, but in the end it cost me just over £1300 for my van. That includes breakdown recovery from anywhere in the UK, windscreen damage etc. Hopefully next time around they will knock a fair chunk of that price off for me. Wink