Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking at buying a berlingo
Hi folks, im a late starter and at 28 am about to take my test in a few weeks, my dad has a workmate who is selling an 04 berlingo LX enterprise, that I am quite keen to buy for my first runabout. happy enough to pay a bit extra tax and insurance given i've not paid any in the last ten years.

Anyway i've not yet seen the van myself but i'm told it's blue, does anyone know did they come in blue from the factory or is it likely this one has been painted?
Cheers
(22-01-2015, 04:58 PM)miccheck1516 Wrote:  Hi folks, im a late starter and at 28 am about to take my test in a few weeks, my dad has a workmate who is selling an 04 berlingo LX enterprise, that I am quite keen to buy for my first runabout. happy enough to pay a bit extra tax and insurance given i've not paid any in the last ten years.

Anyway i've not yet seen the van myself but i'm told it's blue, does anyone know did they come in blue from the factory or is it likely this one has been painted?
Cheers
It may be an ex gas board van.What engine? Read the threads on HDi's if that's what it is.Good luck & let us know how you get on. Big Grin
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
nah not a HDi it's a 1.9d, I mainly thought they only came in white, and any others had been resprayed, also, im in N. Ireland, but that's not to say it didnt originally come over from britain, but it does have a Ni number plate too...

im sure I will be back with more questions, i'd really like to make it possibe to sleep in for a night if need be, something like this...[Image: berlingo13.jpg]

and also think i want to install a reversing cam in it if it isn't massive hassle
If not the camera you could install the beeper detector type thing very simply which would give you some aid.

As for comfort and sleeping, definitely manageable for the night (or two).
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

Hello miccheck welcome to the forum i'm sure iv'e seen some light blue one's around happy modding let us know when you pass your test
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Yeah I was thinking a beeper would be tidier and save me having to put some sort of display in, but then I really would like to have some visibility out the back, great to hear it's do-able for sleeping in, mainly looking at using it for mountainbiking and general camping/hiking trips, has anyone ever had a little gas cooker in theirs? i'd probobly just get one of those cheapish portable ones....
(22-01-2015, 11:53 PM)miccheck1516 Wrote:  Yeah I was thinking a beeper would be tidier and save me having to put some sort of display in, but then I really would like to have some visibility out the back, great to hear it's do-able for sleeping in, mainly looking at using it for mountainbiking and general camping/hiking trips, has anyone ever had a little gas cooker in theirs? i'd probobly just get one of those cheapish portable ones....

I cant'd find the posts at the moment (in the Members Lingos section), but you can have a full camp set up just out the back
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

good to know, I have seen one on eBay which I think must be the same colour, as it is teh same year and model (enterprise)
The auction notes it has CD Player, electric windows and aircon, my dad mentioned the one he saw had remote central locking but was more interested in any knocks or bangs he could hear when driving than a cd player or air con, does anyone know what teh enterprise was specced with as standard?

I'd be suprised if it had aircon but it would certainly make me more keen to get this particular van
wow, just found with a bit of searching the following * Enterprise spec: Remote central locking with deadlocks, electric windows, foldable dual passenger seat, ABS, side load door, drivers airbag, CD player, solid rear doors, on board trip computer, air-conditioning, rear parking sensors, bluetooth with USB socket and Includes Smartnav Traffic master: 3 years smartnav touchscreen routes, 3 years live traffic avoidance, 3 years stolen vehicle tracking, 3 months safe speed cameral alerts.

but i'm not sure if it has a side loading door, that would be awesome, damn i need to get a look at it myself I think!

EDIT: think that's for a newer one than what im ooking at, As far as I can tell it's got remote locking, CD player, Heated mirrors, ABS, folding passenger seat and double rear doors while a side door would be nice I can definately do without, im small so will probobly be able to climb from the front seat into the back with some luck!
Eurocarparts do reverse cameras with displays for a good price. Pretty sure the enterprise spec blingo will have a side loading door. Have fun when you get it and don't forget pics please. 

Mark 
2009 Citroen Berlingo 1.6hdi Lx van
1999 Peugeot 406 V6se coupe