Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
power steering failure
Hi folks,

Not been on here for a while, my 62 plate berlingo 1.6hdi 74bhp enterprise has behaved faultlessly. Until Monday.

A message on the central screen warned power steering faulty. over the next couple of days the the steering got harder and harder until it failed completely ironically on the way to the dealer for repair. also occasionally the abs warning light would come on and go off and a message would flash up on the screen saying braking system faulty.

The van has been in the dealers all day and they rang to say that they did not know what the fault was and it may well be a long drawn out process.

So, my questions are:

1, has anyone had this fault on their vehicle that has been sorted so i can give the dealership some ideas.

2, what happens if they cant fix the fault. I am without a vehicle which is a delivery vehicle for my business ( the only one). The replacement vehicle is £240 pounds a week. I dont think i should have to stand that cost if the dealer cannot repair a vehicle that they have sold.

any help is greatly appreciated....

Martin..................
I suggest you email &/or phone Ciroen UK from Citroen website, in my experience this brings results. Dealers worry about replacing parts under warranty because if Citroen UK do not approve them as faulty they will not pay for work. Its Citroen UK you need to lean on because dealer will do work provided he knows Citroen UK will pay for it. From what you describe, provided parts can be replaced the van can be repaired quick enough & dealer is reluctant to replace parts for reasons stated.
Is there a red puddle under your car.
QUOTE Mart7792:"The van has been in the dealers all day and they rang to say that they did not know what the fault was and it may well be a long drawn out process."
Now why does that not surprise me?
The main dealers have a responsibility to be able to competetantly service and repair your vehicle....and yet it appears that some Citroen dealers' workshops are unable to do so!
Mind you they're no worse than VAG!!
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
(14-11-2013, 08:04 PM)Mart7792 Wrote:  Hi folks,

Not been on here for a while, my 62 plate berlingo 1.6hdi 74bhp enterprise has behaved faultlessly. Until Monday.

A message on the central screen warned power steering faulty. over the next couple of days the the steering got harder and harder until it failed completely ironically on the way to the dealer for repair. also occasionally the abs warning light would come on and go off and a message would flash up on the screen saying braking system faulty.

The van has been in the dealers all day and they rang to say that they did not know what the fault was and it may well be a long drawn out process.

So, my questions are:

1, has anyone had this fault on their vehicle that has been sorted so i can give the dealership some ideas.

2, what happens if they cant fix the fault. I am without a vehicle which is a delivery vehicle for my business ( the only one). The replacement vehicle is £240 pounds a week. I dont think i should have to stand that cost if the dealer cannot repair a vehicle that they have sold.

any help is greatly appreciated....

Martin..................

Ok ,

an update on the story so far. Dealer rang on friday lunchtime to say they had sorted it and and it was a loose connection. On my way to pick it up they rang back and said it was still faulty, the fault had come back. Left it with them.
They rang again on saturday morning and are sure this time that its the pump so they are going to replace it , however the pump wont be here until wednesday. Bummer... :-(

So, looks like the pump has gone.... we will see on wednesday when i get it back. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the replies......