Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.13 Average
sluggish
Have an 04, 2.0 hdi with 45000 on the clock. Recently it's been a bit sluggish so I replaced the fuel filter housing. Took it for a test drive it was fine. Next time it was started up, it was back to it's old sluggish self. Sat in neutral i can't get it to rev past 2750 rpm. No warning lights are lit. Any ideas or can anyone recommend a good garage in the Sunderland area. Thought I'd found one but he turned out to be a tosser. TIA
"Sat in neutral i can't get it to rev past 2750 rpm." - What about driving? Can you get over 55mph? If not, sounds like you have gone into limp/safe mode. There are many reasons why this might be. You will need to get the fault codes read and these will indicate where the problem lie. Trying to diagnose problems without these codes is difficult, at best, and could lead to unnecessary expense. Every garage should have a code reader and be able to tell you what's wrong
i had the same thing,no engine light warning but it was in limp mode....it was the egr solenoid,the valve under the airfilter box with 2 black air pipes coming from it.one goes to egr valve other goes to vacuum pump.but without code reader as already said in previous post its guesswork
Thanks to you both. Have previously had a warning light which was apparently egr valve related. Had removed valve for cleaning but it didn't seem too bad.
Is there any way to test the solenoid myself? TIA
Disconnected the battery for 30 mins and then went for a spin. No problems, running like a dream. Let's hope it stays that way.
hope it stays that way, mine was intermitant,so i took it to pieces,there is not a lot you can do but after removing the bottom you will see an allen key screw i turned it fully anti-clockwise and put it back.no problem since and the car is a flyer now.the solenoid that is not egr valve sorry!