Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
tunit or tdi unit?
Hi has anyone fitted either a tunit or a tdi unit in their berlingo? and any feedback on these items? supposedly increase mpg, torque and power.
cheers
Pete
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
has know one fitted a box plug in tunit unit?
Pardon my ignorance but what is a tunit or tdi unit. ?

Is it one of those wonder gadgets that increase mpg and delivers extra power from the engine?. :whistle:

Used to get magnets to fit in the fuel line that claimed to align the petrol/fuel molecules to burn hotter
and fiercer thus providing more power or something similar. :twisted:

If that's what you mean then it looks like nobody's admitting fitting them
ha ha , yes very possible no one wants to admit to it, and yes your right it a small microprocessor that supposedly doesn't bugger up the engine, just adjusts it, I guess it may no longer meet emmissions, as that's why cars today are so detuned at birth.
Really curious to see if they work as on some forums the argument is just remap it, more expensive and cannot be taken in and out at your choice, etc.
various members on here have fitted tuning boxes with very degrees os success. The cheapo ones seem to be a load of crap and not worth the money, but firms like tdi tuning get good reviews. A mate of mine has tuning modules fitted to his peugeot motorhome and 2009 golf tdi and it has made a world of difference. Cant remember the make he has but they came from a german tuning firm when he was out there and he can change settings for torque,power and economy depending on your needs. Took about 20 minutes to fit.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • pch
ive read and seen on youtube a box is a right pain to fit to mk3, its around the back of engine, airbox, battery and tray all out, I did use a tuning box on a previous kangoo, noticed 4-5mpg extra mpg and could get up long hills on motorway in 5th instead of dropping down to 4th, not sure if you got dpf? but have you looked at combined dpf removal and remap
How much is that procedure? what are effects? and what is dpf? cheers.
Diesel Particulate Filter.Collects "soot" from exhaust & burns it off at high temp thus stopping us from choking.Confusedcratch:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(21-11-2013, 09:10 PM)pch Wrote:  How much is that procedure? what are effects? and what is dpf? cheers.

DPF/Diesel/particulate/filter fitted on some 75/90/all 110/115 it collects diesel particles to burn off at high temp when about half full to keep emissions down.
It cost around £450/£550 to remove DPF/FAP and map it out and get the EGR mapped out at the same time it will still pass mot on smoke test
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Got a TDI-Tuning box on my mk2 2.0 HDI, did a little experiment at a local RR day...With tuning box plugged in, 101 bhp and 180 lbs/ft torque

[Image: 1378658_10201320092938577_936738722_n.jpg]

Without, 89 bhp and 154 lbs/ft of torque. BTW other engine mods are a straight through exhaust and EGR blank

[Image: 1395343_10201320093618594_489488093_n.jpg]

So 12 bhp and 26 lbs/ft are gained from the box, plus another 100 mile range from a full tank (last time I checked anyway!) Nothing to go mad about but better than a kick in the gonads. Yeah remaps are loads better but the Seimens ECU isn't very remap friendly Sad
'04 Peugeot Partner HDi LX. Lows, Leaks and Wellers. Now matt grey and dent free Smile