Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average
upgraded suspension on 110
Does anyone know if suspension on the 110 is really upgraded or just standard suspension cranked up a notch or two? Just wondering if I can get my 90 to have stiffer and higher suspension [ for going up and down my 1/2 mile farm track] This would make a real differance to me. But dont want oto pay for new springs etc etc .
Pete
Pch.
There're several types of front springs for B9:
1. Normal suspension and normal payload
2. Heavy duty and normal payload

To know Is there any difference between cars with 100hp and 90hp engines, tell us a model of engine installed in your car and a model of 110 hp engine. B9 can be equipped with 2 models of 110hp engines and 4 or 5 models of 90hp engines.
wow getting heavy now, I was thinking of differance between vtr and xtr models. Mine is vtr , upgraded one is xtr. the one with the raised suspension.
cheers
Pete
I don't think there is because the max towbar download remains at 55kg for both 90 & 110hp models. The download has been increased recently to 70kg on current production vehicles. I enquired with Citroen UK if uprated towbar weight now applies to all Berlingo 3 models but I was told that it didn't. This suggests the suspention has been recently uprated.
hi guys if you check the details of a xtr and a vtr model the xtr has stifened suspension and is slightly higher of the ground. My question is , can this be achieved by cranking up the suspension on a vtr model or is it a totally differant configuration. I guess the citroen dealer will say its totally differant .
Pete
It's totally different configuration.
If you want to make an upgade you need to replace:
1. Shock absorbers.
2. Springs
3. Upper bearings of McPherson.
4. May be rods and may be not.

To say something definitely we need VIN of your car and a VIN of B9 with high suspension.
Try Bilstein shocks. I fitted a set (bought from Eurocarparts) to my '05 1.6i Forte a year ago and they really make a difference when you have a load up. The empty ride can be a bit harsh but otherwise they are fine. The other mod I made was buying 195/65x15 Michelin Energy tyres rather than the factory 185/65x15s - it's a tight fit at the back but they just clear everything, are cheaper and have a higher load rating.