Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
useless new ignition on 2015 Multispace
(28-10-2015, 08:09 PM)ukeman5 Wrote:  Push-button radio?  Luxury !  The screen in the 2015 XTR loses all controls. No on/off - starts with ignition and stops when ignition off.  Can't use any screen features when parked up and Handbook tells me not to use them on the road (doesn't have satnav anyway!!)! Practically useless system in this car.  Screen is a gimmick

Cheers guys

If you have an android phone (currently useless to us with decent phones) you can use mirrorlink. Mirrorlink is an android to car application within the apps. There are some satnav apps that support mirror link plus various media apps etc. It's early days with this current touchscreen but as updates come out for it, I can see it becoming more useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
Didn't you know how the ignition and lights work before you went out in the car ? I like to familiarise myself with a vehicle and all it's controls before I go out in it especially in the dark. If a residential road is that busy and still unlit the local authority should be made aware of it, complain to the council.
So where does this bit go then ?
(29-10-2015, 09:03 AM)ffrenchie Wrote:  Didn't you know how the ignition and lights work before you went out in the car ? I like to familiarise myself with a vehicle and all it's controls before I go out in it especially in the dark. If a residential road is that busy and still unlit the local authority should be made aware of it, complain to the council.

This is rural Dorset mate, and people commonly live along unlit roads.  But why/how should I anticipate the unconventional quirks in a system that's absolutely standard in 99% of other vehicles?  Do you guys all work for Citroen or summat? Angel 

And to Tree, as mentioned, I can't use apps when parked and manual says not to use them while driving…?!
Didn't help that the dealership sent me an obsolete brochure in August and provided the previous model (conventional radio/no screen) at test drive.  I'm taking it back.
(29-10-2015, 10:10 AM)ukeman5 Wrote:  This is rural Dorset mate, and people commonly live along unlit roads.  But why/how should I anticipate the unconventional quirks in a system that's absolutely standard in 99% of other vehicles?  Do you guys all work for Citroen or summat? Angel 

And to Tree, as mentioned, I can't use apps when parked and manual says not to use them while driving…?!
Didn't help that the dealership sent me an obsolete brochure in August and provided the previous model (conventional radio/no screen) at test drive.  I'm taking it back.

I don't work for Citroen and I live in rural Derbyshire where it gets just as dark as Dorset and if I think the car is in an odd position I put the hazards on.  Huh

It's a red button with a triangle on, they do still have that don't they ?
So where does this bit go then ?
(28-10-2015, 05:14 PM)rnamman Wrote:  The lights also work without the key. I've found that if you've left the headlights or sidelights on when you switch off the ignition, they go off. 

But if you want them on again when the ignition is off, switch them to the OFF position, then switch them ON again, and they work.

Does that work? Will be trying this tomorrow!

I use mine for delivery work and tonight was the first time I've put in an extra shift and worked in the dark with it, I found it rather concerning when stopping on a busy or unlit road to drop off and the Berlingo goes into total darkness.
In the end I was putting the hazards on before pulling the key as leaving the keys in Is a big no no in a crime area.

This still means I've got another bloody button to keep operating. Im starting to wear the writing off the Start/stop deactivated button form pushing it some 60 times a day.
16 Plate Berlingo Multispace XTR
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Hughzie for this post:
  • ukeman5
(29-10-2015, 09:03 AM)ffrenchie Wrote:  Didn't you know how the ignition and lights work before you went out in the car ? I like to familiarise myself with a vehicle and all it's controls before I go out in it especially in the dark. If a residential road is that busy and still unlit the local authority should be made aware of it, complain to the council.

In the area I work in (Gateshead) the council have been campaigning for years to turn OFF street lights between midnight and 5.30am to cut costs so they really don't care about lights that go out.
This is the same council that when budget cuts first came into force decoded just to stop cutting the grass altogether for a good 6 months during the summer.
(29-10-2015, 11:31 PM)Hughzie Wrote:  
(28-10-2015, 05:14 PM)rnamman Wrote:  The lights also work without the key. I've found that if you've left the headlights or sidelights on when you switch off the ignition, they go off. 

But if you want them on again when the ignition is off, switch them to the OFF position, then switch them ON again, and they work.

Does that work? Will be trying this tomorrow!

I use mine for delivery work and tonight was the first time I've put in an extra shift and worked in the dark with it, I found it rather concerning when stopping on a busy or unlit road to drop off and the Berlingo goes into total darkness.
In the end I was putting the hazards on before pulling the key as leaving the keys in Is a big no no in a crime area.

This still means I've got another bloody button to keep operating. Im starting to wear the writing off the Start/stop deactivated button form pushing it some 60 times a day.

Glad someone else sees the design flaw here Hughzie!  Do you also suffer the lack of Acc position for, say, radio, when parked up?
Cheers
Thumbs Down 
So its not only me the lights going off with the ignition is just crazy ...
I spent a good 2 hours yesterday trying to get them working with the Lexia tool - no luck
I did make some other changes though
I turned off "eco mode"   and now have a 60 minuet timer for the radio and interior lights,
Enabled the parking lights so that's a bit better ...  
more investigations needed
Cheers Jake
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jakejjt for this post:
  • ron
(02-11-2015, 10:10 PM)Jakejjt Wrote:  So its not only me the lights going off with the ignition is just crazy ...
I spent a good 2 hours yesterday trying to get them working with the Lexia tool - no luck
I did make some other changes though
I turned off "eco mode"   and now have a 60 minuet timer for the radio and interior lights,
Enabled the parking lights so that's a bit better ...  
more investigations needed
Cheers Jake

No Jakejjt it ain't just you.  My Citroen dealer tried to scrape me off on Citroen UK but they refuse to get back to me too!  My garage agrees it's a design fault.  I don't even know what the Lexia tool is …but trouble is I go into hospital today so will be out of circulation a few days.  I await any further investigations with interest!  

Cheers
(02-11-2015, 09:54 PM)ukeman5 Wrote:  Glad someone else sees the design flaw here Hughzie!  Do you also suffer the lack of Acc position for, say, radio, when parked up?
Cheers

God Yes! Sometimes you can fire the engine up, Stick it in gear and let it bite then if your lucky the moody cow will eco off when you actually want it too so you can still listen to the radio while having a break but even that's not a guarantee.