Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.44 Average
where to buy one?
Hi all

I think our lovely Mk1 is dying, just too many things wrong with her for us to afford to put right on a car that's done 180k km. So either we live with all the broken things, or try and replace...

So, where do we all think has the best deals to buy a new or nearly new Berlingo?

I would like a 110 XTR with modutop, and as many options as possible Tongue and have seen this one (http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/a...?logcode=p which I absolutely love (although would prefer the gold colour) - which at that price, £12,000, seems good value.)

Just need to find a way of funding it now Rolleyes

So, any ideas of where to acquire one for best value, plus any tips on funding such a purchase. I see that money supermarket are saying M&S are competitive on loans with a APR of 6.9%, any idea what dealers charge on a loan?
Just realised this may be in the wrong thread section, please move it if that helps...!!
that looks a bargain to me. Go for it, you wont be disappointed. Shame it doesnt have a modutop, but you cant have everything. I wanted xtr with modutop but had to accept vtr with it. Thats life. Pennies matter.
Pete
Cheers Pete, although that one does have a modutop Big Grin

Actually, is there an equivalent version of the mk2 'lingo? Don't know much about that model range - what was the top of the range version of that one and any options to look out for / avoid?
Sorry to heat that the mk1 is on its last legs. The mk2 basically comes as "Forte" or "Desire" with the latter having a higher spec. The main options were the modutop, air-con, traction control, alarm, CD, "family pack" which is basically the tables on the seat backs and that's about it, though I think on some early ones, ABS was an option.

A quick scan through Autotrader didn't have a single "Desire" with a modutop but I did find this bargain? which seems good value.

2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Cheers Chris

That does look a good buy, but poverty-spec won't please 'er indoors'!

I had a quick look at C4 Picassos too and they can be had for c.£7-6k - I saw a nice looking gold one VTR+ on one website. Good amount of space in them, but the lack of sliding doors may prove difficult.

(01-03-2011, 03:48 PM)jamesf Wrote:  but poverty-spec won't please 'er indoors'!

Ah, this changes things Wink

In which case a mk2 isn't going to impress much either as it is basically the same inside as a mk1 but without some of the really scary colour combinations. The sliding doors were a big selling point for us as well. Personally, I would take a Berlingo over a Picasso
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Jamesef my 2006 desire 1.6HDI is very well specced,it has modutop alloys,ESP,Air con,reversing sensors,auto lights and wipers+the normal desire trim.Because of this spec i have found it very difficult to justify getting a xtr which is what i wanted.The xtr trim still falls way short of what i already have but i do know that mine is quite rare with so many extras.
I did see last week a silver 2008 xtr with modutop opening tail gate window,folding mirrors,auto lights,reverse sensors and only 25,000 miles for £9000.It was on ebay,i did enquire about it but it was in devon and a bit far for me to go at this time,Two days later it was sold.
My point is that there are the right specced bingo's out there be it a mk 2 or 3 but you just have to bide your time and be ready to pounce because they tend to sell quick.
Eamonn.
here here , yes pounce fast...they go quickly.
Cheers guys

I'll try to sort out the finance first as without that I'll not be pouncing anywhere!
Hey, I want to buy a new one, and I found this dealer in Ireland, which sells Citroen Berlingo Multispace (here is the short link), and I wonder if this model is worth its price? The review looks quite good, except "performance"... And yes, I want a new one, if anybody asks Wink