Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Berlingo 1.6hdi common problems to look out for.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Looking at getting a 1.6hdi berlingo van with approx 80000 miles. Is there anything i should look out for and any common issues i need to take note of?

Thanks again.

Andrew
Service history especially regular oil changes with the right oil.

Check the rear axle, very common to have a failure on the trailing arm bushes around 350 to fix yourself

Has the turbo been replaced at all? If it has that points to poor servicing.
Hello adonoghue welcome to the forum as homeruk say's make sure it's been well looked after also pull the cover off the top of engine look at the injector's make sure there dry :thumbsup:
You need to ensure full service history of oil/filter changes at least at interval of 12.5k miles. It would be better if history was from Citroen garage which should ensure correct oil used & correct service procedure. If no service history, I would leave it.
Agree with all the above. I bought a 1.6HDi in March 2013 with 85,000 on clock and full service history (though not all services where done by a Citroën agent). It's now got 195,000 miles on the clock and other than usual wear & tear the only problem I've had was the oil cooler that failed just over a week ago. It's now sorted and back on the road.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
(23-06-2014, 07:06 AM)stuartinlancashire Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with all the above. I bought a 1.6HDi in March 2013 with 85,000 on clock and full service history (though not all services where done by a Citroën agent). It's now got 195,000 miles on the clock and other than usual wear & tear the only problem I've had was the oil cooler that failed just over a week ago. It's now sorted and back on the road.

Jeepers creepers! You've done 110,000 miles in less than 15 months!

Where do you work.......................Timbuktoo?!!!
I'm a sameday courier. I go all over the UK hence I rack the mileage up quick. I've been averaging 70,000 miles a year but for some reason I've done more than usual over the last 12 months.

(24-06-2014, 02:34 PM)stuartinlancashire Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a sameday courier. I go all over the UK hence I rack the mileage up quick. I've been averaging 70,000 miles a year but for some reason I've done more than usual over the last 12 months.

How on earth do you have the time to read the forum?Confusedcratch::wave:
(24-06-2014, 02:34 PM)stuartinlancashire Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a sameday courier. I go all over the UK hence I rack the mileage up quick. I've been averaging 70,000 miles a year but for some reason I've done more than usual over the last 12 months.

:wave::wave: same as me mate,bought mine 10 weeks ago with 43k on, it's now at 62k, nice new centre armrest and a cushion and im in for the day/night/morn you know what its like