Berlingo Forum

Full Version: XTR tyres
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks - I have recently bought a 2010 xtr, 50k miles which came with well shod front tyres but not mud and snow ones. The rears are the original Mud and Snow ones but will need replacing soon. The question is - should I swap the fronts to the back and buy new M+S tyres for the front?

I like the thought of extra grip on the front but on another car Ive been running on Michelin energys with nitrogen and have seen the MPG rise by 5-10%, quite impressive.

In your experiences how important are the M+S tyres for general UK driving? I am in Cornwall so dont get much in the way of snow, however, muddy lanes are common and its nice to be able to use tracks occasionally.

And...if youre not too bored by now....a suggested make/model of tyre would be appreciated.

Thanks peeps.....
Its a good idea to put your newer tyres on your rear.

Because your back end is lighter than the front the newer tyres on the rear will improve traction.

The weight if the engine will help with the grip of your front tyres.

I would be fitting a pair of summer tyres for now then changing to winter tyres when the cold sets in or I suspect your mpg will suffer
Thanks for that... I guess this is the balance,

Good mpg figure and brakes: Good traction but less braking

I may be wrong about this and accept I didn't buy a 4x4. I think probably the better mpg suits for 99% time. If the roads get that bad I can always get out and walk!

Thanks again