Berlingo Forum

Full Version: P0300 FAULT CODE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Got this fault code on my car p0300 misfire detected., the reader says could be due to a number of things but nothing specifically causing it but two pointers being the cat is done for and the MAF sensor is crook, has anyone had this code before, I am changing my cat which arrived from England today. Where is the MAF sensor located so I can clean it. I am also changing the MAP sensor. the coil and plugs were changed by citroen last year, I've changed the o2 sensors, the crank angle sensor, stepper motor and potentiometer.

thanks

pitpan
Your cat won't cause a misfire and you don't have a maf, so you need I get it read by someone who knows what there on about before you spend/waste more money (erase as required as you seem to be guessing so far...) It could be a dodgy plug/coil pack or an injector going down (even new coil packs can go wrong...) or a broken wire somewhere... Loads of choices really
I had this a couple of years ago and turned out to be not only the coil pack but also that previously someone had fitted NGK make plugs. For some reason they don't like them so use a different make such as Bosch.
Griff
If a dealer did it id hope they'd used factory plugs which are fine...
Griff, dumdum

Yes a dealer put them in so I will double check them the dealer also put in a new but not OEM coil pack so this could be suspect but first things first the plugs
Ok after changing the map sensor and resetting codes went for a test drive and now only have the P0200 code this tells me that the MAP sensor was crook now I will check the coil and plugs before I dive into changing the injectors as this is what Citroen tampered with before all this started to happen.
(18-07-2014, 05:54 AM)pitpan Wrote: [ -> ]Ok after changing the map sensor and resetting codes went for a test drive and now only have the P0200 code this tells me that the MAP sensor was crook now I will check the coil and plugs before I dive into changing the injectors as this is what Citroen tampered with before all this started to happen.

Have taken a look at the plugs and they do not look to good, they have a brownish burnt colour with whitish grey powder on them, will change them all the same for bosch ones. The entrance to the injectors has a brownish residue on each one, is this a sign of wear and tear.
Let's not forget that none of the parts on this vehicle have been changed for over 230k so changing them now will not harm the car.